Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   British Columbia (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum165/)
-   -   Will be in Kamloops (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/832997-will-be-in-kamloops.html)

J_E_Summit 03-19-2009 01:05 PM

Will be in Kamloops

Hi all you BCers.

I will be in Kamloops April 23,24 and would like to meet any members from Kamloops and area. I know those are weekdays, but I am busy moving my sister out of res on the 25th. I am open for suggestions on where to meet and what to do. I went to school in Kamloops up till last year, so I know my way around enough to get lost:).

Let me know in this thread so it can be commented on. Oh, and first post here gets a free rep point (if I have any left):-X0A6.

Saleenguy 03-19-2009 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by J_E_Summit (Post 7281856)
Hi all you BCers.

I will be in Kamloops April 23,24 and would like to meet any members from Kamloops and area. I know those are weekdays, but I am busy moving my sister out of res on the 25th. I am open for suggestions on where to meet and what to do. I went to school in Kamloops up till last year, so I know my way around enough to get lost:).

Let me know in this thread so it can be commented on. Oh, and first post here gets a free rep point (if I have any left):-X0A6.

The rock'n ferken has good food and beer....want to all meet up there for dinner and a brewski one night?

You pick the night best for you, and i will be sure to clear my schedule.

J_E_Summit 03-19-2009 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Saleenguy (Post 7281989)
The rock'n ferken has good food and beer....want to all meet up there for dinner and a brewski one night?

A very good seggestion. Not sure on what night, probably the 23rd of April. I am out of rep points, but will get ya when I get more:).

I must say that I am not familiar with the rock'n ferken. Where abouts is that?

R031Kona 03-19-2009 03:43 PM

maybe the Fox & Hounds? I am in btw.

Saleenguy 03-19-2009 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by R031Kona (Post 7282433)

Sure I have never eaten there, so am more than willing to try it.:-drink

Are wives welcome, or is this guys night out?

Hallworth 03-19-2009 08:36 PM

Hell's ya I'm in. I don't really care where we go, as long as its not On The Rocks. I hate that place. Kona will you be able to get a sitter so your wife can come? If yours goes mine will too.

Oh and Saleen it is the pulp mill you smell. lol

brickie 03-19-2009 09:15 PM

What's a half decent motel cost in that neck of the woods?I was planning to head back to Alberta on mon or tuesday.I am all ways up for a couple beer.

Hallworth 03-19-2009 09:20 PM

Umm..... To be completely honest, I have never stayed in a motel or hotel here. lol Not yet anyways, I haven't made her that mad.

Saleenguy 03-20-2009 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by brickie (Post 7283956)
What's a half decent motel cost in that neck of the woods?I was planning to head back to Alberta on mon or tuesday.I am all ways up for a couple beer.

Super 8 starts at $76.40 a night according to their website.

Super 8 Hotels

Saleenguy 03-20-2009 09:22 AM

The Alpine is okay to.

Alpine Motel Kamloops motel,alpine.kamloops.bc,canada,accommodations,ove rnight,alpine motel,inn,hotel,

J_E_Summit 03-20-2009 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by R031Kona (Post 7282433)

Originally Posted by Saleenguy (Post 7281989)

Either one is good with me. Been awhile since I was at the Fox & Hounds and I have never been to the Rock'n Ferken. Wifes are welcome, though I don't have one:confused:.

BCHauler 03-20-2009 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Hallworth (Post 7283989)
Umm..... To be completely honest, I have never stayed in a motel or hotel here. lol Not yet anyways, I haven't made her that mad.

Mine's always mad at me and I still don't get to stay away from home.:rolleyes:

harrisford 03-20-2009 10:41 PM

The Rondevous is always a good time. lol really good time

Saleenguy 03-20-2009 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by harrisford (Post 7288082)
The Rondevous is always a good time. lol really good time

Where is that at?

Hallworth 03-21-2009 12:36 AM

The 'Vou' is no more. Its been closed up for a while now and the building is for sale.

Its just after you come off the blue bridge heading towards down town. Budget Brake and Muffler shares a parking lot with it. The owner was caught selling coke ( not the kind you drink )out of the bar.