Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Kentucky Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum151/)
-   -   A late MArch BS thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/830102-a-late-march-bs-thread.html)

rywegh 03-10-2009 06:02 PM

A late MArch BS thread

Well this got started a little late but we have been talking...

Well lets see we got a meet coming up this sat!!! What else is going on with you guys??

CampSpringsJohn 03-11-2009 08:45 AM

Work has been slow this week. Not one job yet. Must be making up for the past 3 weeks. Saturday I had a job up in Fowler IN, a little north of Lafayette, IN. Apparently they will be the home of the largest wind farm in the world when they get all the windmills up. At present, they have 135 up and running. They went up last year. This year they're suppose to put up another 100. When all is said and done, they are suppose to have over 1000 electric windmills up and running. They do make alittle noise, it's a hum you hear coming from them. The guy whose farm I was at, has 2 of them on his property. He gets $5000.00 a year from the electric company, and all the electricity he needs. They are something to see, I have to admit.

whjco 03-11-2009 01:24 PM

We got back from Hilton Head Is., SC on Saturday after a week's vacation so I'm playing catchup. We also bought a "new" 2006 Starcraft travel trailer while we were in Savannah, GA and we're having fun getting it all equipped. We had a Coleman popup for 15 years and had a lot of good times with it but sold it about 16 years ago.

I'll be heading to Stearns, KY within a week or two to plum an air circuit for a whistle that the Big South Fork Scenic Railway is installing on their "new" locomotive.

CampSpringsJohn 03-11-2009 02:05 PM

Stearns, Ky. Where is that? Southern Ky? What kind of locomative? Diesel, or steam? I like railroads. It must be the kid in me! One of these days I'm going to take the wife and kids down to the dinner train in Bardstown. We talk about it, but haven't gone yet.

Glad you had a good trip. If you have the time to take the drive, and you don't mind some curvy roads, when coming up from the Carolinas, take I-26 north to US-23, and take it up to Prestonsburg, Ky, and take Hwy 114 to the Mountain Pky, or run US-23 on up to I-64. It is out of the way, but it is a scenic drive if you've never done it. I've been through many of the roads in eastern ky, and virginia, so if you want some ideas as for a scenic ride, I may be able to give you some possibilities.

kenpobuck 03-11-2009 04:49 PM

I think I am going to work on some forward controls for my bike this month. Only a couple places make them for the 500 vulcan and they all want between $400-600 for a set! I can fab a set up for nothing besides my time and make them from stainless.

CampSpringsJohn 03-13-2009 05:23 PM

Nothing again today. But I do have a couple jobs lined up for next week. That's good. One is over off Old Lexington Pike, just past Truck and Trailer. Gotta love the ones close to home.

rywegh 03-13-2009 05:25 PM

Yay John! Glad to hear you are getting some work lined up.

CampSpringsJohn 03-13-2009 05:33 PM

The past 3 weeks I was real busy. Feast or famine I guess. I'll explain what I do tomorrow. Most can't comprehend what I do unless I can show them. Heck, 6 years ago I wouldn't have understood it myself!

kenpobuck 03-13-2009 10:25 PM

Sounds familar lol. When I try to tell people that I build bell hardware.