Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum31/)
-   -   faser chip scam (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/828380-faser-chip-scam.html)

That_Just_Happened 03-05-2009 03:07 PM

faser chip scam

I recieved something in the mail about a chip that you stick to the bottom of your fuel tank...not inside the tank but glue to the bottom of the tank...and it says you can increase your fuel mileage by 10-20%. I almost fell over after reading about it on the internet. It's called the Faser Chip and i am almost positive that this is a scam. Just letting you all know.

The other thing that makes me think this is a scam is you have to buy a bunch of vitamin C and if you do you get the chip for free...haha:-missingt

Just want you all to be aware.

RedBoat 03-05-2009 03:18 PM

Sad part is there are probably alot of people buying it. :-banghead :-banghead :-banghead

HKusp 03-05-2009 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by RedBoat (Post 7224637)
Sad part is there are probably alot of people buying it. :-banghead :-banghead :-banghead

Well a lot of people DID vote for O'Bama, so you are probably correct.

superduty4x4 03-05-2009 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by HKusp (Post 7224741)

Bwahahaha!!! :-missingt

Mike Norwood 03-05-2009 03:57 PM

Jason, that reminds me. I was out working on election night with the Sheriff's Office and one of the other deputies and I were talking. He said that if he called me in the morning to let me know that we were without a doubt smarter than most Americans, then Obama would've won. If he told me that there was still room for doubt then McCain would've won.

Oh, yeah. We both voted for McCain.:)

HKusp 03-05-2009 05:04 PM

Well Mike, there is without a doubt, many people get educated right now. I think that there is going to be a serious backlash in the 2010 mid term elections.

Mike Norwood 03-05-2009 05:08 PM

I sure hope so.

That_Just_Happened 03-07-2009 05:49 PM

here's someone that bought the chip and then voted for obama...haha

Today 05:03 PM - permalinkLenny-the-Wrench
I HAVE A FASER CHIP ON MY SUV! My SUV was rated 19 City/27 Hwy. W/a 4 cylinder engine and 5-speed manual transmission. I drive at least 20K miles per year, so this device got my interest. I recently left El Paso, TX enroute to Phoenix, AZ. I made it without refueling enroute, was DRIVING 80 to 85 MPH all the way (WITH THE AIR CONDITIONER RUNNING INTERMITTENTLY), and I got.....
30.686 MPG!!! I have this documented! Photos of the odometer, fuel receipts and everything! IT WORKS, YOU IDIOT!!!

Lenny-the-Wrench
Bay Area, CA

nlemerise 03-07-2009 07:44 PM

Imagine the fuel mileage you'd get if you pasted a picture of Obama on the bottom of the fuel tank...we could call it the Ofaser :-drink!

Kwikkordead 03-08-2009 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by That_Just_Happened (Post 7233143)
here's someone that bought the chip and then voted for obama...haha

Today 05:03 PM - permalinkLenny-the-Wrench
I HAVE A FASER CHIP ON MY SUV! My SUV was rated 19 City/27 Hwy. W/a 4 cylinder engine and 5-speed manual transmission. I drive at least 20K miles per year, so this device got my interest. I recently left El Paso, TX enroute to Phoenix, AZ. I made it without refueling enroute, was DRIVING 80 to 85 MPH all the way (WITH THE AIR CONDITIONER RUNNING INTERMITTENTLY), and I got.....
30.686 MPG!!! I have this documented! Photos of the odometer, fuel receipts and everything! IT WORKS, YOU IDIOT!!!

Lenny-the-Wrench
Bay Area, CA

This guy is Joe-the-Plumbers brother.