Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   British Columbia (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum165/)
-   -   BC Chapter March all topics/bs thread, all welcome (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/826902-bc-chapter-march-all-topics-bs-thread-all-welcome.html)

Zip 03-08-2009 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Vinford (Post 7235588)
If you sprung ahead on Sat wouldnt that make you a hour late not early?

Ya maybe. I don't know. Too many hours not enough sleep.

Originally Posted by R031Kona (Post 7235707)
His work runs on hillbilly time!!! :-fire:-missingt:-missingt:-missingt

Well think about where I live.

bigrigfixer 03-08-2009 05:38 PM

Well, it's snowing again.

Flying_Dutchman 03-08-2009 06:26 PM

Must be fairly isolated, Im not seeing any snow here.

bigrigfixer 03-08-2009 06:50 PM

We started out to take our dogs for a walk when it started. About 2:30? Got real heavy about 3, slowed down again. At least it's not sticking to the road.

Was up to an inch of accumulation, now it's melting and down to a 1/2". But the snow is still falling.:confused:

R031Kona 03-08-2009 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Saleenguy (Post 7234383)
Only ever made one set, and that was for my Jeep.

Not really hard to make though....are they for your ranger?

If so I am sure we can measure something up, and then i could price it for ya...That gives you the chance to go ahead or not, once you know a cost.

What do they usually sell for?

from $150 not installed all the to the moon

Saleenguy 03-08-2009 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by R031Kona (Post 7236713)
from $150 not installed all the to the moon

WOW 150 is cheap, heck steel is expensive in itself.

Depends on if they are poorly made?

Anyways it can be done if you want.....just need to set aside a time to look at your truck....let me know if you wish to look into it more.

R031Kona 03-08-2009 08:36 PM

here is a link to what you get for that $150 - 250 price rangeRock Sliders - Rocker Protection

Arctic Wolf 03-09-2009 04:02 AM

You sure dont get a heck of alot for $150 bucks anymore. And as for the price of steel.. OH HELL YEAH.. Its gone way up.. My winch bumper the steel cost me like $250 but then its gona be one of those kind if you wanna drive through a flippin house you can LOL

AzBlueWolf 03-09-2009 06:58 AM

I always try to find my steel at the local scrap yard...they have so many shapes and sizes and the price is much better.

We used to have some guys with a trailer come around and pick up metal from our shop, I got some scraps from them for free.

they had a complete roll cage once...hindsight I could have prolly bought it from them for $20...lots of good pieces!

Saleenguy 03-09-2009 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Arctic Wolf (Post 7238138)
You sure dont get a heck of alot for $150 bucks anymore. And as for the price of steel.. OH HELL YEAH.. Its gone way up.. My winch bumper the steel cost me like $250 but then its gona be one of those kind if you wanna drive through a flippin house you can LOL

Ya the steel alone for my the front, rear bumpers for my truck, and the motorbike carrier, cost me $900.....then I have to cut it all, and weld it up, then send it to be powder coated.

Still is going to only cost me 20% of boughten bumpers like the ones i want, and the bike carier that I want cannot be bought, so making it myself.

With the hassle of powder coating the bumpers, I am considering just rattle canning them, and if need be just rattle can them once a year to keep them looking okay.
the P.C. place takes forever to get them done, and the cost is insane considering how little work it really is.

Saleenguy 03-09-2009 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by R031Kona (Post 7237176)
here is a link to what you get for that $150 - 250 price rangeRock Sliders - Rocker Protection

Actually thats not a bad price.
The ones I made for my jeep are insanely rugged, but i must have 300 into steel alone with them.
If i made them for a customer they would cost propably 600 is, with all the cutting and welding i had to do.
Even then they would not be painted, thats just raw steel....sorry for the bad news.

I looked at after market bumpers for my new F350.....want to talk about over priced....how those jokers think they can justify that sort of price mark up on bumpers is beyond me.
And the bumpers are nothing special, just ugly old steel....Thats why i am going to make my own.
They will be twice as strong, and for 1/5 the cost.
Best of all is I am making the rear bumper with 2 hollow spots in the back, to insert tubes for the bike carrier I am making.
That way I can slide as many sections of bike carrier in as I want to.
Allowing me to carry 1, 2, or 3 motorbikes on the back of the truck.

R031Kona 03-09-2009 12:52 PM

"but i must have 300 into steel alone with them":eek: :eek: I have a link to what I think looks good , they almost look like the regular sliders BCC has with some tube to protect the front of the box. I would not even mind "normal" sliders but would need someone to put them on.

http://www.desmontados.cl/files/pa102038_small_231.jpg

and his rear bumper looks good too

http://www.desmontados.cl/files/pa102040_small_275.jpg

Arctic Wolf 03-09-2009 01:44 PM

Even a simple set up would cost you more then you think in steel.. Theres alot of bending in those pics man. The tubes come straight and you bend it in the shape you want and like I say theres a lot of bending in those.
Sure they Look good :-X0A6 But all that bending and shaping... Man hope you have deep pockets lol.

And Saleen yeah although I am not a welder I understand the price of steel. So 9bills dont really surprise me. The rear bumper Im getting made would probably be about 5 but thats only cause my trucks smaller

Saleenguy 03-09-2009 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by R031Kona (Post 7239504)
"but i must have 300 into steel alone with them":eek: :eek: I have a link to what I think looks good , they almost look like the regular sliders BCC has with some tube to protect the front of the box. I would not even mind "normal" sliders but would need someone to put them on.

http://www.desmontados.cl/files/pa102038_small_231.jpg

and his rear bumper looks good too

http://www.desmontados.cl/files/pa102040_small_275.jpg

I can build and install sliders for you, but as I said not cheaper, they will cost more than 250....just like to let you know that up front.

Arctic Wolf 03-09-2009 06:01 PM

However I will admit. That if you get somebody to make it for ya it would be like ten times stronger.
All these after market bumpers that are mass produced and bought are usually thin gauge steel. Im not much of a welder myself but I was told that if I got 1/4" plate for my winch bumper that Im going alot stronger then most..

3/4's of my winch bumper is heavier gauge steel like that. I was told it should last quiet awhile.
What's your out look on it there Saleen??