Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   British Columbia (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum165/)
-   -   BC Chapter March all topics/bs thread, all welcome (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/826902-bc-chapter-march-all-topics-bs-thread-all-welcome.html)

Hallworth 03-06-2009 08:20 PM

Marty I will Send you those pic's tonight. I wanted to talk to you a bout some bumpers and a toolbox too.

Andy give me a call and let me know when your going to start on your truck. The wife is sick so I should have no problem getting away tonight

wallz 03-06-2009 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Flying_Dutchman (Post 7227315)
Hey Wallz, how powerful are those mirrors on your 'waiting to install' list in your sig?

"08 power, power power mirrors"

Quite power full,,,,,, it gets monotonous to type power, heat, power fold, power extend, lighted everywhere.:-missingt

But, now that you mention it I can change that again, I now have them installed and working. Sweeeet looking things.:-jammin

Hallworth 03-06-2009 08:53 PM

I was going to see if I could put those power mirrors on my 91

wallz 03-06-2009 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Hallworth (Post 7230380)
I was going to see if I could put those power mirrors on my 91

For some reason I don't remember what the 91's look like stock. Don't know if the mounting would line up. As it was I had stock heated and power adjust, so it was a bit of a pita to run the signal, running lights. The power fold and extend was a tad easier, because it was all new wiring. Not much room under the dash to splice all the other stuff into existing wiring. Expensive, :eek: but nice.8D

Saleenguy 03-06-2009 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Flying_Dutchman (Post 7228986)
Cool, my little brother flew fixed wing for a bit when he was 18 or 19 but gave it up to fly helicopters.

Thats a good way to own an aircraft, sharing it between people. Although I worked with a guy last year that shared a plane with a few friends, and he didnt even get to fly it before it was crashed.

Suck it was crashed by the others.

We never had a crash of any sort, in the partnerships I had.

The only damage was a piece of debris hitting our plane when it was parked, and tied down, in a wind storm.
The other guys insurance paid for the repairs.

I had to put a new motor and prop in mine 4 years ago, damn that a bill:mad:

Flying_Dutchman 03-07-2009 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by wallz (Post 7230341)
Quite power full,,,,,, it gets monotonous to type power, heat, power fold, power extend, lighted everywhere.:-missingt

But, now that you mention it I can change that again, I now have them installed and working. Sweeeet looking things.:-jammin

Ah I get it. BTW that post needed pics!:)

Flying_Dutchman 03-07-2009 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by Saleenguy (Post 7230470)
Suck it was crashed by the others.

We never had a crash of any sort, in the partnerships I had.

The only damage was a piece of debris hitting our plane when it was parked, and tied down, in a wind storm.
The other guys insurance paid for the repairs.

I had to put a new motor and prop in mine 4 years ago, damn that a bill:mad:

Speaking of damage did you see what went on at Boundary Bay on friday? One guy lost the left wheel on his kit plane, and had to land it with only the center and right wheel, looked like he dragged his left wing on the ground as he brought it to a stop. Then another guy soon after landing somehow ended up upside down in the grass, not sure what happened there. Busy day for emergency crews at BB.

R031Kona 03-07-2009 04:10 AM

Saleen guy...do you do inexpensive rock sliders?

wallz 03-07-2009 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Flying_Dutchman (Post 7231258)
Ah I get it. BTW that post needed pics!:)

Ya I know better, but the boss was gone for the afternoon, I was sitting there with these mirrors staring at me, sooooo, I knew just what to do. Get them installed, so I didn't have the camera with me.

wallz 03-07-2009 10:53 PM

Added pictures into the march truck work thread of the mirrors.

Remember to spring ahead with the clocks tonight, so we can fall back later in the year.

Saleenguy 03-07-2009 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by R031Kona (Post 7231278)
Saleen guy...do you do inexpensive rock sliders?

Only ever made one set, and that was for my Jeep.

Not really hard to make though....are they for your ranger?

If so I am sure we can measure something up, and then i could price it for ya...That gives you the chance to go ahead or not, once you know a cost.

What do they usually sell for?

R031Kona 03-08-2009 01:31 AM

anywhere between $100 (NOT installed ) and $500 , Sportsman had a set for $150- 175 not installed, this guys stuff looks kind of cool http://www.therangerstation.com/foru...ead.php?t=3748

Zip 03-08-2009 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by wallz (Post 7234330)
Added pictures into the march truck work thread of the mirrors.

Remember to spring ahead with the clocks tonight, so we can fall back later in the year.

I don't spring ahead until Monday. If I did I would be showing up an hour early for work Sunday.

Vinford 03-08-2009 01:00 PM

If you sprung ahead on Sat wouldnt that make you a hour late not early?

R031Kona 03-08-2009 01:49 PM

His work runs on hillbilly time!!! :-fire:-missingt:-missingt:-missingt