Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   British Columbia (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum165/)
-   -   BC Chapter March all topics/bs thread, all welcome (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/826902-bc-chapter-march-all-topics-bs-thread-all-welcome.html)

warriormama 03-20-2009 07:33 PM

Hi all, just thought I would pop in and say hi, had a busy couple of weeks, my comp crashed, then the net was screwed up and kept quitting and I am so far behind in my 5 jobs I think I'm ahead, but I didn't want you all to think I abandoned you....don't worry I am still here to keep you all in line.

By the way, where's the beer LOL

Flying_Dutchman 03-20-2009 07:43 PM

I think with you being gone for so long, Zip drank all the beer to keep from being sad.

wallz 03-20-2009 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Saleenguy (Post 7286230)
Hey everyone Canadian tire has 1/2 inch electric impacts on slae for $50.

Just letting you know in case anyones interested.

I am getting 1 to give to my friend for his upcoming Birthday in a few weeks, thats too good a deal to pass up.

Do we classify as one of your friends?
That way I could try it out and then let Kona know how well they work!:-missingt

Zip 03-20-2009 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by warriormama (Post 7287278)
Hi all, just thought I would pop in and say hi, had a busy couple of weeks, my comp crashed, then the net was screwed up and kept quitting and I am so far behind in my 5 jobs I think I'm ahead, but I didn't want you all to think I abandoned you....don't worry I am still here to keep you all in line.

By the way, where's the beer LOL

Wondered what was up.

drink beer the I did all????:-jammin:-drink

Saleenguy 03-20-2009 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by wallz (Post 7287572)
Do we classify as one of your friends?
That way I could try it out and then let Kona know how well they work!:-missingt

I was planning to grab one tomorrow.
I will give it a try in the shop if a few of you are interested, and see how well it works.
It will still be an almost new Bday present for him....lol

Saleenguy 03-20-2009 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Zip (Post 7287624)
Wondered what was up.

That made no sense, so i believe you have had too much beer. :-missingt

Zip 03-20-2009 09:51 PM

beer left oh no No.

warriormama 03-20-2009 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Zip (Post 7287624)
Wondered what was up.

I know where you live and I know where the beer store is there, it is not that far from your house, you have plenty of time to stock up before we hopefully get in that camping trip this summer....I am going to need it that is for sure....

Zip 03-20-2009 11:28 PM

That beer store was shut down for authorities for about 3 weeks this winter. I think they were doing some things that were frowned upon.

Saleenguy 03-21-2009 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by R031Kona (Post 7286956)
How well do they work?

Good. Used it to take the rear wheels off the Saleen tonight.
It whipped the lug nuts off easily.

Saleenguy 03-21-2009 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Zip (Post 7288257)
That beer store was shut down for authorities for about 3 weeks this winter. I think they were doing some things that were frowned upon.

How ever did you survive man.....:-drink

Hallworth 03-22-2009 01:17 AM

Sorry to but in here saleen, but I have a question. :-offtopic

Since the start at the new job, I have noticed a lot of people lifting mid 90's :-missingt chevy's. Now I like Lifted trucks, and I see the appeal. But I have had three people ask me how much it would cost for us to put a supplied lift, in a 90's 1500 chevy. Not one of these trucks was worth more than 2G ( I got to take a nice look at two of the paint peeling, Oil leakers) and they are willing to buy a lift for 6G, Plus spend another 3400 for us to put it in.
WTF
Am I missing something :confused:

R031Kona 03-22-2009 01:46 AM

They dont feel bad when they beat them.... cause there chevys!!! :-missingt:-missingt:-missingt:-fire

Flying_Dutchman 03-22-2009 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by Hallworth (Post 7291579)
Sorry to but in here saleen, but I have a question. :-offtopic

Since the start at the new job, I have noticed a lot of people lifting mid 90's :-missingt chevy's. Now I like Lifted trucks, and I see the appeal. But I have had three people ask me how much it would cost for us to put a supplied lift, in a 90's 1500 chevy. Not one of these trucks was worth more than 2G ( I got to take a nice look at two of the paint peeling, Oil leakers) and they are willing to buy a lift for 6G, Plus spend another 3400 for us to put it in.
WTF
Am I missing something :confused:

I think I am missing something, who the hell charges $3400 to install a lift?:eek:

Saleenguy 03-22-2009 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by R031Kona (Post 7291602)
They dont feel bad when they beat them.... cause there chevys!!! :-missingt:-missingt:-missingt:-fire

You know I agree.
Yes, You said it as a joke, I get that.

But in reality, I do not want to lift my new truck, then trash it out 4x4ing in the bush.

But an older beater style truck, hell ya.

Who cares how many dents, scratches, and such it gets.
If you roll it, roll it back onto its wheels, and keep trucking....if the cabs really banged in, beat it bak out with a 12 pound sledge hammer....Seriously the most fun I eve had was my old beater F150 I bought years ago for about $1,300....I lifted it, mud tires, and then just trashed it.