Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Colorado Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum81/)
-   -   My contribution to the economic stimulus (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/825721-my-contribution-to-the-economic-stimulus.html)

rikfish 02-25-2009 11:07 PM

My contribution to the economic stimulus

Well, I took the plunge and will close on my new (to me) house in the morning! Now that I have done my part, I need everyone to do theirs, and help me pay for the thing!!!!!

Just kidding. I got tired of making someone else's mortgage payment. Since the house payment will only be about $50 more than my current rent, it made sense. Thank goodness for having VA benefits too, couldn't have done this any other way.

Now, everyone get out there and get this economy turned around so my house will double in value in, say......., 5 years. :-drink

Hypoid 02-26-2009 10:59 PM

Congrats Rick!

Here I was thinking you got another ticket. LOL

rikfish 02-27-2009 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Hypoid (Post 7196151)
Congrats Rick!

Here I was thinking you got another ticket. LOL

You just had to remind me, didn't you!

No more tickets. Yet...........

But then again, they would be cheaper than a house payment. We went through the closing without any problems, which amazed me. This has been the worst ordeal I have ever gone through, trying to get the VA to approve our loan. Some problems due to the self-employed bit, more so due to a stinkin stupid bookkeeper having our books so screwed up my CPA had to reconstruct our books for 2008 from the beginning! VA had to have our 2008 partnership tax return to verify income. So, now I am taking a crash course in accounting 101 and Quickbooks Pro and will handle the books myself. Our business isn't that big or complicated.

Well move starting Sunday I guess, take our time.

matty33 03-06-2009 01:48 PM

Congrads! Now you get to enjoy all the (joys) of being a home owner.The next feat is paying it off in 30yrs. or so. Hey I'm willing to send $10 to help out if you know what I mean..Its a good move owning your own home you wont regret it..

Hypoid 03-06-2009 06:45 PM

I got caught in January, fair and square.

I saw the same trooper this morning on my way to work. He must recognize my little Ranger, we waved to each other as I drove by. Highway 58 must be generating a lot of revenue because people just won't slow down for the cone-zone. ;)

BillyBob69 03-07-2009 07:30 AM

CONGRATS!!! It is nice not giving someone else your your money. Now just think of all the write offs too! Self employed gives ya more perks each year....
Write part or all of the house for the business, utilities, improvements....Makes for a nice return check!

Enjoy!

rikfish 03-09-2009 11:31 PM

This isn't my first. I owned a house in Westminster for 18 years. Yup, some good perks, especially this $8K tax credit now available, which I DO qualify for. It is nice to own your own little piece of the world, except now I have to pay for all the repairs that come up too..... As for business deductions, the IRS has been cracking down on us home based businesses and the claims we make. My CPA is very straight about all this, won't stretch things. Now that I have made my contribution to the economic recovery, I need to apply for my bailout money! I rally don't need a $Billion, I'd be happy with $100 Million ! ! !

Hiway 58 has always been a speedway. The other bad one is 93 to Boulder!!! C470 used to be closely watched too. I drove it for a couple of years when I worked down at Hampden and Wadsworth. Drove from 88th & Wads daily, sometimes that way and sometimes all the way down Kipling. I tell ya this, I sure don't miss the metro Denver ratrace since moving down to the Banana Belt !!!