Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mississippi Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum215/)
-   -   Current Project (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/819656-current-project.html)

marcsmithracing 02-08-2009 02:37 PM

Current Project

Hey there everyone i'm new here from brandon as you may know if you've read the new members roll call. i'm just seeing what everyone out there is working on as there project. i have a 77 f-100 custom with a 302 curently in it all stock. andi'm just trying to get idea's of what all i wanna do or could do. i've been thinking about doing a 460 transplant but not 100%

BarryMc 02-08-2009 06:59 PM

Marc, I'm doing a "frame off" on my 66 f100, I'm still stuck at making the hard brake lines :-X18, I've done a disc swap from a 79, I would pay someone to finish those things, haha.
I put a new battery in my 65 today, cranked up fine...all it needs is driving.

marcsmithracing 02-08-2009 07:01 PM

u just doing a stock upgradeed restore or do you have some big plans?

BarryMc 02-08-2009 07:42 PM

Power Disc brakes, power steering, from the 79. 351W with a C-6, will run A/C eventually. I've sandblasted the frame and painted, had front end pieces powder coated, Stainless fuel & brakes lines w/ exception of front lines. All new bushings everywhere. Still haven't made up my mind on paint color yet, as I've got most bodywork completed. You're welcome to come to my shop and look, might give you some ideas on your truck.

marcsmithracing 02-09-2009 10:05 PM

i'd love to come check your shop out sometime... well have to get together next week sometime maybe. i'd thought about doing a full restore on my truck..... but i need to pickup another vehicle 1st.... my trucks my only transportation right now.... well my wife jeep to but she eeds that lol.

marcsmithracing 02-10-2009 07:35 PM

Barry have you ever chopped off the rear suspention to put in tubular rear suspention such as ladder bars? or even made a custom frame?

BarryMc 02-10-2009 09:45 PM

No, but I don't think it would be that bad...as long as there's some "schematics" to follow and you have the proper equipment and enough space to work in.
What ya thinkin?

marcsmithracing 02-10-2009 10:08 PM

i think it would be easy..... jegs has a jig welded clip you can buy so just cut your clip weld on the new one. having a frame jig/ hard flat surface , and a good hevy duty welder you should be good. i was curious cuz i was gonna do somthing like that with my truck down the road. i've never done nothing quite like that similer but not this................. got a jig and a hevy duty welder... find out how hard it is LOL

marcsmithracing 02-25-2009 06:24 PM

does anyone in the jackson area happen to have a C4 transmission laying around the shop that you don't plan on using that'll fit a 302 don't know if they make a big block version of the C4. the one i got's going out and i just need something that'll last till i can get my 460 w/ C6 ready to drop in. prob. somtime next year... can't just simply through stock stuff in an engine when you build from ground up gotta put the good stuff in it. haha

BarryMc 02-25-2009 07:27 PM

No c4 for the 460, c6 for that as you know. I've got a built c4 at the shop but I was wanting to hold on to it in case my c6 didn't work out behind my 351w. I could possibly find you one, are you just looking for a stock set up? pm me if you want.