Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nebraska Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum176/)
-   -   Nebraska's Official BS and Chat Thread for February..Come on in!! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/817116-nebraskas-official-bs-and-chat-thread-for-february-come-on-in.html)

RedUgly77 02-04-2009 04:54 PM

well i'm out as well.. everyone have a wonderful evening!

Jeffery the first 02-04-2009 04:54 PM

dang i need one looks like ill be going to u pull it lol

Sparky83 02-04-2009 04:55 PM

later dallas...

Jeffery the first 02-04-2009 04:56 PM

cya dallas

cowboywanabe 02-04-2009 04:59 PM

C U later Pat and Dallas.

I gotta check out of here for now too.

SUPERDUTY OUTLAW 02-04-2009 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by 97nukeford (Post 7098435)
What's the weather like up there now Deven? It was colder than hell here this morning, around 5 above. It's supposed to be really nice over the next few days, though, around 50. Good thing too, both my trucks are grey, and in dire need of baths!!

Its in the 50's today and sunny but as you know when the sun is out here it gets colder need the cloud cover to stay warm

67nukeford 02-04-2009 06:49 PM

Evening all. Thought I'd drop in and see what's up. Sounds pretty nice up there today Deven. I am sooo ready for spring. If for nothing else, I can't keep the trucks clean!!

SUPERDUTY OUTLAW 02-04-2009 07:28 PM

Yeah I know what you mean I haven't even been driving my truck for the past couple weeks since i just bought this new vw and it gets about 30 mpg compared to my 16.Even still it is dirty as all hell.

Sparky83 02-04-2009 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by SUPERDUTY OUTLAW (Post 7100221)
Yeah I know what you mean I haven't even been driving my truck for the past couple weeks since i just bought this new vw and it gets about 30 mpg compared to my 16.Even still it is dirty as all hell.

ya know i find it sad these newer trucks aint getting any better mileage than my 20 yr old truck... before the engine blew in it i was only managing to get 17 mpg.... now that ive replaced the block, machined it and rebuilt the engine its getting 20 mpg... (machined and rebuilt because it was a junk yard block and wanted to make sure all the cyls were even sized and true...)

but yet these newer trucks mileage still arent getting any better with all the tech advancements out there... make it even sadder.. my trucks only got a dinky 4 cyl in it and yours has a PSD (least according to ur sig there) but doesnt get much better...

SUPERDUTY OUTLAW 02-04-2009 07:39 PM

Yep I have a psd that is sad that your 4 banger doesn't get much better. I hate driving this little vw but hell for the mileage i can't complain. Its a good little car just don't feel very manly when i have a powerstroke sitting in the drive.

tiny1 02-04-2009 07:46 PM

Just popping in to catch up on all of the nonsense from today }>

Gary, congrats on the DHSjob.

Sparky83 02-04-2009 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by SUPERDUTY OUTLAW (Post 7100281)
Yep I have a psd that is sad that your 4 banger doesn't get much better. I hate driving this little vw but hell for the mileage i can't complain. Its a good little car just don't feel very manly when i have a powerstroke sitting in the drive.

i was meaning that the newer trucks dont get better... even v8's...

my trucks 4 cyls old school inefficient TBI probably be better if it was MPFI... or even the tranny geared better... but its geared for towing so it runs really high rpms when im on the hwy...

SUPERDUTY OUTLAW 02-04-2009 09:30 PM

supposedly the new F150 gets 21 mpg thats what my new diesel power said not real sure why there was an f150 in diesel power mag but he whatever makes ford money i guess.

Bigredfan 02-05-2009 06:40 AM

Good Morning to all my friends here in the Nebraska Chapter, oh and you too Neil :-missingt.

Hope you all have a great day, i wont be on here much today, have a meeting this morning then i have to go and retake the cdl general knowledge test (since i failed it yesterday) so i can get my permit.

You all were busy yesterday, keep up the posting!!!

67nukeford 02-05-2009 07:58 AM

Good Morning to all my Nebraska buds, and all our distinguished visitors! Well, should be a really nice day here today, and even nicer tomorrow....Good thing I have tomorrow off....

Gotta love it!