Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   International Region (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum141/)
-   -   The INTERNATIONAL CHAPTER PUB thread - all welcome (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/816125-the-international-chapter-pub-thread-all-welcome.html)

Greywolf 01-28-2009 05:20 PM

The INTERNATIONAL CHAPTER PUB thread - all welcome

I can't see calling it a frivolous thread - pubs and cantina's are special places we stop in along the road, and often carry fond memories over time.

CHEERS! How was your day?
:-drink

Mine was a bit of a mess, I tore up my whole front yard getting my truck out of what was once the lawn until it was rain saturated for three days and then we got snow on top of that...

Had to jack it up twice and set planks under it, and finally a friend with an F-150 pulled it to the driveway which is gravel. All the soil around here is mississippi river silt laid down as the river wandered over the centuries.

And why is it never an old pair of pants that get plastered with muck? 8D

PS: I really had visualised this with a wood grained interior, but I'll settle for high traffic vinyl and plush carpetting
(He states, obsequiously)

Time for a Guiness, I think

Bdox 01-28-2009 07:37 PM

Good idea with the pub Wolfie.

I'll join you in a Guiness.

I'm worn out from clearing out my storage unit. A cost cutting effort. Not making much money these days so any thing I can save is as good as earning. Some stuff went to my shop and some came home. Some (and there will be more,) is going to charity and to the dump.

Took the camper off my F150 and picked up two mpg, so that was productive too.

Cheers to ya!

Greywolf 01-28-2009 07:40 PM

It's tough in the cold days. I hate gloves - I cant feel what I do with them. And if they are cloth they freeze and are useless. What's funny is I had some rawhide ones a year ago and the dye in them turned my hands yellow :-missingt

I'll not quit!

I'm lining up a chapter seven and hope I headed off most of the liens on my house. I'll dump the place in five years if I have to.

In a few days I'll toast a fosters at you - I shop on base at the commissary.

Heaven only knows, but devil take the hindmost....
Listening to Natalie Merchant right now, and having a few

Vegetable juice and beer with jalapeno pepper sauce is fine

One must live somehow. Fortunately I have many good books. It's all I can afford

If it comes the chance - I'll snap a picture of the torn up yard

Greywolf 02-06-2009 08:35 PM

I think I'll just sit here and get potted for a while.

After all - there is a lot of room in here, eh?

All of the diagrams I posted as attachments are gone. All that tech info stuff on trailers and RV's, how to build your own headlight driver relay systems so that you could have the brightest lights imaginable, and fuzed in the right places so that no damage could take all the lights out....

Convertors, Inverters, and power plug ideas...

PUFF!

"Oh, look at all that smoke...."

I wonder how it can all be brought back online?

Bdox 02-06-2009 09:35 PM

Criminy Wolf, where did you have all that stuff posted?

Light snow today........... dark beer tonight!

Greywolf 02-08-2009 06:40 PM

A whole lot of it was conveniently referenced (we thought) in the towing trailer and 5th wheel forum. HORSEPULLER kept a sticky index of all the best topics and articles updated at the top of the thread - and it had got accolades from all levels of the RV and trailer community.

It only just dawned on me the other night that all the drawings in it were likely missing.

LINK TO IT HERE

:-X16

Greywolf 02-16-2009 04:05 PM

HALLOO?

Is anyone here?

Well - I suppose I have the entire lot to meself then. GOOD!

I'll have a right Golgafrinchian Gargelblaster then. (no olive in it please)

Have we any Yabbies on the main menu?

BigF350 02-23-2009 12:05 PM

We might - there might just be some fosters to wash it down with too.

Greywolf 02-23-2009 01:14 PM

Y'know, in the states we have freshwater schrimp - but only southern or country people tend to eat them. Same idea as a yabby but not as big.

Here they're called crayfish or crawdads.

When I saw the size of the yabbies over there then, you can imagine my shock...

"Kripes, they've got crawdads the size of dinner plates!" :eek:

~That was my exact thought. 8D

Sometimes I think of Australia as 'Texas - with a european accent...'.
(Everything is bigger there)

BigF350 02-23-2009 01:40 PM

A Texan farmer goes to Australia for a vacation. There, he meets an Aussie farmer and gets talking. The Aussie shows off his big wheat field and the Texan says, "Oh! We have wheat fields that are at least twice as large. Then they walk around the station a little, and the Aussie shows off his herd of cattle. The Texan immediately says, "We have longhorns that are at least twice as large as your cows". The conversation has, meanwhile, almost died when the Texan sees a herd of kangaroos hopping through the field. He asks, "And what are those?" The Aussie replies with an incredulous look, "Don't you have any grasshoppers in Texas?

Greywolf 02-23-2009 01:51 PM

I'm curious about a minor thing - I thought Falcon UTE's were the size of Ranger trucks (1/4 ton).

It begins to look like they are more like Ranchero size trucks.... (Full size)

Am I off or something? Is that more the size of them?

I was thinking along the lines of a Ranger II (newer ranger, not classic) size truck with a streamlined front end.

If what I think is true - an idea I have had long burning on the back burner is overdue.

tiny1 02-24-2009 11:43 AM

Hey Wolfie, just figured that I would stop by the pub and get a Killians or Guiness on my lunch break.

Glass slides across the bar and stops perfectly in front of me..... nice slide bar keep :)
Ahhhhhh that tastes good. :-drink :-drink

Time to head back and finish off the afternoon.

Bdox 02-24-2009 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by tiny1 (Post 7183286)

Glass slides across the bar and stops perfectly in front of me..... nice slide bar keep :)

When that barkeep retires he will be a shuffleboard champ! :9

BigF350 02-24-2009 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Greywolf (Post 7179007)
I'm curious about a minor thing - I thought Falcon UTE's were the size of Ranger trucks (1/4 ton).

It begins to look like they are more like Ranchero size trucks.... (Full size)

Am I off or something? Is that more the size of them?

I was thinking along the lines of a Ranger II (newer ranger, not classic) size truck with a streamlined front end.

If what I think is true - an idea I have had long burning on the back burner is overdue.

Falcons only come with a short bed only and a "regular cab" (although they do have a bit of room behind the seats for some tools)

They are a bit bigger than a Ranger (think F150 size), but they have a much higher hauling capacity (fitted with the right suspension they are rated to haul over 2800lbs).
They can only tow a bit over 5000lbs though.

FORD RANGER 02-28-2009 11:03 PM

hi neil...
i'm just stopping by the pub to have a few...me i'm a miller man myself..
i just want say hi to our international buds...