Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Washington Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum188/)
-   -   All-Ford Drags (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/810794-all-ford-drags.html)

lostmybeer 01-13-2009 12:25 AM

All-Ford Drags

Looks like Bremerton National Raceway will be doing an All-Ford Drags July 27.

Didn't get to go last year, but this year I will be racing with several other Ford Diesels. If you don't race, great come watch and check out the new and old Fords.

Its not just a Diesel thing.

Layson 01-13-2009 06:06 PM

What up Tom!

nighthawk285 01-14-2009 12:09 AM

do they have a semi-stock class?

rsdjcarter 01-14-2009 12:39 AM

I hear ya loud and clear Tom. That sounds good if I can get my new heads on in time I'll be there. There's a pretty good wrecking yard right next door too. Might have to multi task.

lostmybeer 01-14-2009 01:38 AM

Hey, Steven!!! What up wit you? Coming up for techy day?

Nick, will do some checking for ya.

Ford_Six 01-15-2009 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by rsdjcarter (Post 7007162)
I hear ya loud and clear Tom. That sounds good if I can get my new heads on in time I'll be there. There's a pretty good wrecking yard right next door too. Might have to multi task.

It's been almost two years since I lived in Port Orchard, but they scrapped a lot of stuff out of there. Plus, while their selection used to be good, they were a royal pain to deal with. Any question to the counter jockeys was usually answered by "Go out and look".

rsdjcarter 01-15-2009 08:35 PM

Yea I know they are kinda jerks out there. I was out there about 3 months ago and actually thney had some stuff I was looking for but the guy at the counter wass too busy looking at the computer and no time for customers so when I went out I filled my pockets with the small stuff. Was not right I know but the guy was a total a$$ to me. Did find a couple 65s there and a old 64 lots of 70s and 80 pickups though. when I was there I was mainly looking for a booster so I didn't really look for other stuff. I'm making a list this time.

lostmybeer 01-16-2009 12:16 AM

That's what I like about those types of wrecking yards. Actually having a chance to go and look.

rsdjcarter 01-16-2009 12:40 AM

Yea it's kind of cool in that respect but I don't know how they are on their prices. I found a set of bed caps for a 68 I wanted and got to the counter and they said a guy was going to pick them up in a week or so? ? ? Oh well it worked out for the best cause a friend of mine the next day said he'd make me a set and 1 week later I had a custom set of stainless caps form fitted to my truck and the wrecking yard ones were nasty aluminum and wouldn't have fit as well at all. But yea it's a big muddy mess like your typical older wrecking yard. Just don't follow the googly directions it's easy to find right off hwy 3 just before the airport. By the way if anyone likes Fish & Chips the bremerton airport has world famous fish & chips the best I've ever had. My father in law and I fly over there just to eat, and you leave full.

lostmybeer 01-16-2009 01:01 AM

That Fishy place used to be across from the Pancake House in Port Orchard. I grew up over there, its my old stomping grounds.

rsdjcarter 01-16-2009 01:15 AM

You got it MMMM good. Grew up on Bainbridge. Been to port orchard a few times only once for the wrong reasons though.

lostmybeer 01-16-2009 10:13 AM

Then you know where the Sherriffs office and court house is located. Unless you were out girly chasing.

rsdjcarter 01-16-2009 12:17 PM

I plead the 5th