Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wyoming Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum214/)
-   -   Sheridan Towing (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/810582-sheridan-towing.html)

sirkt 01-12-2009 02:44 PM

Sheridan Towing

Just a quick testimonial for a Ted's Towing in Sheridan Wyoming

I was in Sheridan this December visiting the family for Christmas and New Year's...

Anyway I was leaving on Saturday morning and threw the idler pulley off my explorer just past the Ranchester cutoff (exit 9) heading north... well I call my dad to have him call me a tow truck... He called Ted's Towing and when Ted himself gets out to me he starts calling around to see if a shop is open... well apparently on Saturday there isn't a shop open in Sheridan (even Freemont Ford service and parts was closed... WTF??) Not wanting to stay until Monday I asked Ted if he knew of anyone that could fix it for me.. he then offered to tow it back to his shop/house to get me down the road... Great!

Next we need the new pulley Valley Motor Supply... wrong one in stock; O'Rileys... out of stock; NAPA... they have the grooved one but I need the smmoth one ... :( So we buy just the bearing for my pulley and go to put it one... after pressing the new bearing in Ted goes to install it only to find that by bolt is striped... and of course its metric :mad: I call around no one has it... but the NAPA can get it on Tuesday from Billings... :-huh

Ted then goes and pulls the bolt out one of HIS truck's 302 so that i can get going...

This took almost 5 hrs but i got to leave on saturday and i was only charged $144... 114 for the tow and 30 for the repair!!

Sorry this was a little on the long side... but if you are in Sheridan or passing through and need a tow i highly recommend Ted's Towing.

mwvdub 01-12-2009 03:47 PM

Glad to hear that there are still some nice folks out there that got you back on the road.

swann79 01-13-2009 07:25 AM

Thank you for the info... it is important to spread the word when someone like Ted goes out of his way to help someone else out.

Of course, we see more of that here in Wyoming than anywhere else! :)

Stephen67 02-02-2009 09:47 PM

Ted runs a great business, he also has some of the coolest projects as well, from mustangs to Hudson Hornets to T-Birds, lol.

And yep, Sheridan runs on really old people time, almost every store closes when you get off of work... I'm not sure when they plan on people to shop that work, lol.

wyoming4x4 03-25-2009 11:57 PM

Ted is a good dude. Live in sheridan and chat with him every once in a while. He stays busy.

wycowboy63 12-30-2009 03:29 PM

Yeah, Ted is a great guy. He is one of the few tow companies here that will go out on holiday's and weekends to help people out. I work at Valley Motor Supply, AKA Carquest, and get the pleasure of talking about old Fords and Dodges with him quite a bit. I would highly recommend him if you need help in this area.

Chris