Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wyoming Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum214/)
-   -   January BS Thread...Let it fly!!! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/807057-january-bs-thread-let-it-fly.html)

67nukeford 01-15-2009 11:52 AM

See, there you go Orin. Clouding the issue with facts.........

:-missingt

mwvdub 01-15-2009 12:17 PM

Pat, while I appreciate your suggestions, I don't think I will move forward with either plan.

67nukeford 01-15-2009 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by mwvdub (Post 7012989)
Pat, while I appreciate your suggestions, I don't think I will move forward with either plan.

LOL! Yeah, didn't think you'd jump on that one Miles!! Well, maybe that class will get you hooked up, you'll get your raise, and the next time I pass through on the way to Lander, you can buy the first round!:-drink

mwvdub 01-15-2009 12:55 PM

That sounds like a lot better plan Pat.

mwvdub 01-15-2009 03:40 PM

Us Airways flight 1549 crashed into the Hudson River.

67nukeford 01-15-2009 03:43 PM

Yeah, here is the story on it from CNN..

CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News

67nukeford 01-15-2009 03:44 PM

Sounds like everyone is okay. Pilot did a great job of getting it down in the river!

swann79 01-15-2009 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by 97nukeford (Post 7007560)
Wow. Now that's how companies should back there products. Never owned a Kimber. I've been thinking about getting a .45, so I'll keep this in mind Scott!

There's lots of good ones out there Pat, I also own a Springfield Armory .45 that is a quality pistol. I have always heard that Kimber was one of the best, especially when it comes to their warranty. Now I believe it!

Miles I am slowly building my collection... I am a gun nut, but each of my guns (so far) has a particular purpose... if it weren't for that, my wife would throw a hissy fit!

Now if I can just convince her to let me buy that AR-15...

mwvdub 01-15-2009 07:33 PM

The guns I buy really don't have a purpose except my shotguns. I am not much of a rifle hunter except for the occasional coyote. I prefer to elk and deer hunt with a bow. I am a pretty good shot with it but not good at hunting elk or deer. It is just nice to get out and walk around in the woods for a few days every year.

I would love to have an AR Scott. I have had my eye on an Armalite for a while now. I found an Armalite 50 BMG at Sportsmans Warehouse in Loveland that would be awesome to shoot but I don't know what I would do with one if I bought it.

swann79 01-15-2009 08:15 PM

You'd get a BSEG :D ... that's what you'd do with it! and here I was wishing for a .308 cal...

67nukeford 01-16-2009 07:38 AM

Good Morning Wyoming! Scott, what is "BSEG"?? Another pistol I was looking at, to replace my 9mm Beretta, is the H&K 9MM. I carried that here at the plant, when I was on security. Fantastic handgun, great balance, and the gun trainers here at the plant told me they could get me the high capacity mags for it. Would mind getting a Sig either, but they're so damn expensive!

Hey, we're in a heat wave here. It's 25 degrees warmer than yesterday, which put the current temp at a balmy 9 degrees!LOL!

Orin Martin 01-16-2009 10:07 AM

Good morning Miles, Pat, Scott, and all others that travel this way. Feeling much better but found I must make a dental appointment. Who would have thought at 50 you could sprout more teeth.

For pistols I have always went for the single action 6 shots not so much for the a cowboy thing but for me I don't trust semi auto's that much and most of the time if I' am in a real bad pinch more than likely not all six shots are going to get used anyway. This is more prevailent with higher cal and a bear incounter. Having something running at you at around 30 miles and hour with teeth showing is going to test your metal and would assume that you will not get more than 3 off any way, the ultimate point and shoot.

I bought a .357 mag a few years and just love it. Flat and straight. I most generaly use a .243 but have a 30 - 30 94 series Win and even though I can and sometimes do use a scope I shoot open sight. The gun talk did me in and was forced to throw my thoughts.LOL!

67nukeford 01-16-2009 10:11 AM

Morning Orin. Sent you an entertaining email about out of state hunters.

Orin Martin 01-16-2009 10:30 AM

Hey Pat, I shall be watching.

Orin Martin 01-16-2009 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by 97nukeford (Post 7016762)
Morning Orin. Sent you an entertaining email about out of state hunters.

I think maybe all I can say is wow. An Elk licence? If that was intended I' am sure the money was well spent..............for me.........wow.:eek:

I' am beginning to think I have been out in nowhere a little too long perhaps.:-missingt