Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wyoming Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum214/)
-   -   January BS Thread...Let it fly!!! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/807057-january-bs-thread-let-it-fly.html)

Orin Martin 01-26-2009 02:45 PM

I have the official current conditions for the ranch with 11 inches of snow on the level pasture at 15 above 0.

Miles, Pat, I have decided on a home improvement that will be done before next winter, I' am going to quit the box stove I have now and purchase an air tight wood stove. May not sound as splendid as the home improvements you guys have going on but I think I will only have to load it once before bed and not worry about getting to cold before morning.

PreciousOne 01-26-2009 03:04 PM

*HIYA* Wyoming!!!

HEY, Orin...please let Jeff and Michelle know that Julie received his letter today......

Things are *~*C*~*R*~*A*~*Z*~*Y*~* when you move!! AAUURRGGHH~~~

Orin Martin 01-26-2009 03:25 PM

Good after noon Tammie, I have passed the info along. Moving still holds the same thoughts for me of pilling every thing in the front yard then liberally apply diesel or other combustable petroleum in correct proportion to flammability to prevent mushroom clouding and complete removal of an entire neighborhood then apply match, get into vehicle and exit for new destination.

Warning: Disregard previous thought as most likely is against the law and local codes but I have memories of my previous moves which some still haunt me yet and lack of sleep has not contributed to my better judgment.

PreciousOne 01-26-2009 03:38 PM

LOL @ Orin......

glad to see you in good humor today, my friend~~

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

Orin Martin 01-26-2009 03:52 PM

I think the word is rum dumb even though I have only drank coffee today. LOL! I have a couple of things to do then I will take my self to the living room for a nice nap I have promised my self. I will be camping by the stove again tonight. I have in the past let the propain furnace run at night but it has been so cold here this winter that I can not let that happen considering how much I spent last fall for this last fill. The furnace must remain off and the wood stove has to be watched more closely.

PreciousOne 01-26-2009 03:57 PM

camping out by a wood stove can be quite an adventure, if you have the right company......fluffy pillows, fuzzy blankets, hot chocolate and marshmallows make it even better............mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....what a memory ;)

Orin Martin 01-26-2009 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by PreciousOne (Post 7059514)
camping out by a wood stove can be quite an adventure, if you have the right company......fluffy pillows, fuzzy blankets, hot chocolate and marshmallows make it even better............mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....what a memory ;)

Now there you gone and done it, you have taken a perfectly laborious boring activity with little rest and could have possibly made some thing fun.That just aint right. LOL! Where is the misery in that. I think I like your idea better though. Later my friend.

PreciousOne 01-26-2009 04:12 PM

and you are VERY welcome~~

67nukeford 01-27-2009 08:34 AM

Good Morning to my Wyoming buds!

Orin Martin 01-27-2009 09:30 AM

Good morning Pat, How are you doing this fine day. The wind has come up as beginning to become white here today.

67nukeford 01-27-2009 09:40 AM

Hey Orin. It just starting snowing here. Depending on what news station you listen to, we're supposed to get anywhere from a dusting to 4-5 inches. Guess I'll stay with the station that says a dusting!!LOL!

Orin Martin 01-27-2009 10:06 AM

I hope you a lot of luck with dusting. I have heard dusting before that turned into 2 feet of snow. LOL!

mwvdub 01-27-2009 10:23 AM

Our dusting is officially 10.7 inches in 4 days. That gives us a total of 10.8 inches for the winter. Gonna be dry this summer unless we get 3-4 more feet.

67nukeford 01-27-2009 10:24 AM

Morning Miles. Our current "dusting" is at a half an inch. I'll be curious to see how much more we get.

mwvdub 01-27-2009 10:31 AM

I just wish is would snow and the wind would blow about 60 mph so we could get a snow day. This way I could get some work done on the green room.