Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wyoming Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum214/)
-   -   January BS Thread...Let it fly!!! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/807057-january-bs-thread-let-it-fly.html)

67nukeford 01-22-2009 12:38 PM

We have a travertine (I think that's how you spell it!) tile, 12x12, picked out, sort of a tannish color. I still have to figure out how to do the tile over the brick, either some sort of grout to smooth the tile, or use a cement backer board. Hey, you might be starting small, but at least you can do it yourself!

mwvdub 01-22-2009 12:48 PM

I think you can tile directly over the brick since it has not been painted. Use a notched trowel and thinset with a fortifier. That should help it stick to the brick.

67nukeford 01-22-2009 01:03 PM

Okay, I'll look into doing that. I really didn't want to go with the backer board, since I'd have to move the doors and damper control out enough to be beyond the tile and backer. I'm pretty sure I've got enough room to move them out just past the tile.

Orin Martin 01-23-2009 06:47 AM

Good morning everyone. There is an inch of snow here at the ranch today with nice north breeze to push it along. Sure different then when I got in around 9 last night.

Nice pic's Pat, looks like you have come a long way, this is not helping my resistance to starting home improvements. LOL! A thought though about the red, I would guess it to be even though bold a slight bit empty. Picture? Depending on tastes may be a art piece?
Every one has an opinion and I tossed my 2 cents worth. Looks very nice.

Miles, have you got to the point where you have met yourself going out the door to go to work yet? When you get to that point you may want to consider taking a day ot two off for rest. Cant wait to see how your prodject is going.

Well, I have to get for Wheatland this morning and then must run to Cheyenne this after noon to finish my week. I heard the Coyotes barking this morning and it did not seem like they were very happy with the weather either. Have a great day every one.

mwvdub 01-23-2009 09:10 AM

Good morning Orin. Just a skiff of snow here this morning with no wind. Having a hard time taking days off right now. I am trying to save them up for a special occasion in September. I know it is a long ways off but I need 6 or 7 days off to make the most of it.

I still can't find the camera to computer cable so the pictures are still sitting on the camera. I broke down and borrowed an airless paint sprayer from my dad so I can get the green room covered on Sunday. Saturday will be full with priming and painting upstairs so we can get the carpet finished and finish painting the wainscoting.

I really want to get started on the basement and the garage. I can't do anything with the garage until I finish the upstairs because half our personal belongings are stashed in the garage corner. Motivates me to get more projects done so I can have a nice garage this summer.

67nukeford 01-23-2009 10:33 AM

Morning Orin, Miles. 25 degrees here, and windy. Big change from the 50's we had yesterday!

Orin, we had a Terry Redlin print up there, I think the wife wants one a little bigger than the one we had up there.

mwvdub 01-23-2009 12:51 PM

pat, i've got a 41"X41" ansel adams if you need something a little bigger.

67nukeford 01-23-2009 02:01 PM

I offered up one of the three Nebraska Cornhusker National Championship Pictures I have here in the basement. For some odd reason, she didn't want to put it up there...

:rolleyes::-missingt

mwvdub 01-23-2009 03:44 PM

Maybe she would go for a Wyoming Cowboys picture. Not sure you will ever see a national championship one though.

mwvdub 01-26-2009 08:40 AM

Happy Monday morning everyone. Pretty good helping of snow as of this morning and it looks like we are getting seconds. I got the sweet green room taped up and masked yesterday. Started to prime it white and ran out of paint. At this point it was 4 so I gave up and will hit up the hardware store at lunch. have a great week out there.

67nukeford 01-26-2009 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by mwvdub (Post 7047307)
Maybe she would go for a Wyoming Cowboys picture. Not sure you will ever see a national championship one though.

Originally Posted by mwvdub (Post 7057918)
Happy Monday morning everyone. Pretty good helping of snow as of this morning and it looks like we are getting seconds. I got the sweet green room taped up and masked yesterday. Started to prime it white and ran out of paint. At this point it was 4 so I gave up and will hit up the hardware store at lunch. have a great week out there.

Morning to Miles, and the rest of my Wyoming buds! We're getting some light snow now, supposed to pick up later today. Miles, I'm think she's not going to accept anything to do with football, cars, planes....LOL! So, I guess we'll have to live with a Terry Redlin print up there!! Well, back to working on those cabinet doors. Talk at ya' later.

Orin Martin 01-26-2009 11:29 AM

A very happy good morning from the tropical side of Wyoming where it is now a splendend 8 degrees above 0 with around 10 inches of fresh snow that should blow nicely at evening. We are promised a winter wonderland when the wind hits with good big white mountains every where. My 13 year old son is looking forward to this with glee and I' am begining to think I did not stock up on enough whiskey for this. (Only kidding) but this is not one of those times when I love my job.

I have long since determined that I have a missconnection in my brain that allows me to remain here when I could easly gravitate closer to the equator where even the chance to fight off big bugs, snakes, and other smarter creatures than me live. Oh well I shall sit here in the snow as I have most all my life except the one time I was smart enough to move to Phoenix, Arizona only the wreck it by coming for a family visit and did not return. Told you I had a screw loose. LOL!

To this end I shall be here at the computer today after I go out once more to finish up taking care of criitters, and stock pile more fire wood, may even get in a nap as with sitting up feeding a wood stove all night catching 40 winks here and there leaves one just a little run down.

BIGKEN 01-26-2009 11:52 AM

Happy Monday Wyoming...hope everyone had a great weekend!!!

Miles...good to see the new casa is coming along!!! Just remember...one of the joys of homeownership is the fact that you're never finished. There's always something else to do!!!

We have some white crap headed our way also...Mother Nature is threatening us with a foot +/_ on Tues/Wed!!! :eek: :-hair For joy...for joy!!! :-yeahrigh

Orin Martin 01-26-2009 12:05 PM

Hey Ken, I would suppose at times likes these one wants to think of fleeting thoughts of spring. Also staying inside helps. Have a good day.

BIGKEN 01-26-2009 02:40 PM

Orin...staying inside is not an option in my industry!!! :-X15