Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Arizona Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum80/)
-   -   Nutz (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/806120-nutz.html)

dgoodhart 12-29-2008 01:21 PM

Nutz

Just a newbe posting to try an keep Bill W from going nutz.

Just went through my first tranny drop and clutch replacement. I know at 40+ it's a bit lame but oh well. Learned a few things, I'm not as stupid as I thought I was, am I not as strong as a once was, and lastly patience is truly a virtue. No wonder why mechanics are always wearing their "angry" eyes.

A big thanks goes out to the site for all the info, I managed to do this in 12 hours (not at once), and all is well. Clutch works like new, no fluid puddles, and found no extra parts.:-X05

bigunred 12-29-2008 05:48 PM

Nice... Always good when it goes as planned. And con grats on the fix.

helifixer 12-29-2008 06:36 PM

way to go,
as for the "angry" eyes I can't say that I have them, I have been wrenching for almost 30 years and can't remember getting mad at a car, truck or aircraft or anything else, and yes patience is a virtue and one I was blessed with. that could be why I get all the intermittent electrical troubleshooting jobs?

Bill W 12-29-2008 08:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by dgoodhart (Post 6940498)
Just a newbe posting to try an keep Bill W from going nutz.:-X05

OK, thats Funny right there! :-X04

Glad to here you got your Truck back together!

one of the reasons i own old trucks!! there easy to fix.:-drink

Bart, your F1 is calling you.....:) fix me bart.

helifixer 12-29-2008 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Bill W (Post 6942405)
OK, thats Funny right there! :-X04

Glad to here you got your Truck back together!

one of the reasons i own old trucks!! there easy to fix.:-drink

Bart, your F1 is calling you.....:) fix me bart.

yeah but it is in line behind the 85 Isuzu diesel that won't start, the 97 f250 that won't shift, the 01 Chevy 2500 that won't start, the 96 z71 that might need a head job, the 70 cj5 that needs restored, the D4 cat that needs restored for a museum well that is it for this week, as I got the barbie jeep fixed and my mother in laws truck done today after work and than doing a layout on 2 tile floors for my wife.

p.s. nice looking f1

liftedgrocerygetter 12-30-2008 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by dgoodhart (Post 6940498)
Just a newbe posting to try an keep Bill W from going nutz.

Just went through my first tranny drop and clutch replacement. I know at 40+ it's a bit lame but oh well. Learned a few things, I'm not as stupid as I thought I was, am I not as strong as a once was, and lastly patience is truly a virtue. No wonder why mechanics are always wearing their "angry" eyes.

A big thanks goes out to the site for all the info, I managed to do this in 12 hours (not at once), and all is well. Clutch works like new, no fluid puddles, and found no extra parts.:-X05

:-missingt:-missingt They already have you figured out Bill:-missingt:-missingt