Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nova Scotia (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum121/)
-   -   tear down started (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/804075-tear-down-started.html)

northeaster79 12-22-2008 10:43 AM

tear down started

finally got the 78 in the garage yestarday after some choice words,been sitting near a month and no interest in starting.but the brother in law and I finally got it fired up and the snow of it an inside.
got a hour or so in on it last night with the tear down,some trim and lights of,long road ahead though I can see.
I have to get the approns and rad support out here soon to get them powder coated and ready for reassembly.should be a fun filled winter,sure wish my garage was bigger ahaha but then don't we all.

96sherm 12-22-2008 06:30 PM

no matter how big the shop its always too small. be sure to keep track of your progress with pics and post them for us!!

Fomoko1 12-22-2008 09:05 PM

Now the fun begins.......
Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

northeaster79 12-23-2008 02:22 PM

yes I will get some picture as soon as I get some work done hahaha.I scored a good source of heat yestarday,so that will speed the process up.
can't get much work done when the beer is freezing faster then you can work and drink.my old heater was just about done,I got a 165000 btu blast heater that makes nice heat.

Fomoko1 12-23-2008 05:37 PM

That will make it alot nicer, the cold slows me down too, it`s - 30 here most days lately. I can warm my shop fairly qickly but the tools and parts take alot longer.

northeaster79 12-24-2008 06:17 AM

I had the heater going last night for half an hour or so and it was t-shirt working conditions,just too busy these last few days to get much done.

96sherm 12-24-2008 06:22 AM

once my current garage is my shop, hopefully by next fall, i'll be putting heat in there and it'll be home to a project of some kind. i remember working on my '83 without heat in the garage. was nice because hitting your fingers didn't hurt until a couple hours later.

what are your plans with this truck Fred?

northeaster79 12-24-2008 06:30 AM

I spent many years working in an old barn with no door and no heat,sure made things move slowly.
its going to be kind of a show truck sherm,but I will drive it a fair bit in the summer months,just something nice with decent power to cruise in.

Glenn Graham 12-26-2008 03:27 PM

where do you get your powdercoating done?i painted my inner fenders body color(red)and my rad support semi black.looks great.i'd post pictures if i knew how.

northeaster79 12-29-2008 06:41 AM

a friend of a friend works in a shop where they do it,he's allowed to do his own stuff so I just send him the pieces and get them back all done.I did manage to get a little work done durring the holidays,all the trim and lights are off,front bumper and grill,after gettin the 15 bolts and 6 screws out of the grill I realized you need the bumper off too,wish I had of known that before I battled with the three bolts behind it.

Fomoko1 12-29-2008 04:31 PM

It`s great to have friends like that, helps out alot.
I`m waiting for some warmer weather to get back out to my shop, we`re in the -30`s again.

96sherm 12-29-2008 06:50 PM

the break comes next week Fom... -9 for saturday here, then next week i see -7, -12, stuff like that. hopefully our cold snaps are done for the year then... :D

Fomoko1 12-29-2008 07:20 PM

I`ve heard that before and I`ll believe in it when I see it though I do wish it would happen soon.

northeaster79 12-30-2008 06:21 AM

yes its helps out alot having friends like that,our cold snap is here and probably will stay until the end of febuary,I heard about this global warming but I'd sure like to try it out for myself.

Fomoko1 12-30-2008 11:39 AM

No global warming here, the rest of the week is in the mid to low -20`s and looks like we`re in for another cold winter.