Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Kentucky Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum151/)
-   -   Gee are you guys enjoying the Cold. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/799665-gee-are-you-guys-enjoying-the-cold.html)

rywegh 12-07-2008 05:58 AM

Gee are you guys enjoying the Cold.

I have a part time job loading trailers. DANG it gets mighty cold out there.

How about you guys, staying warm, busy?

Bluehawk 12-08-2008 09:53 AM

I'm enjoying it. I love cold weather, and the more snow we get the better. Just wish people around here knew how to drive in it.

Bluehawk

crazedfox 12-08-2008 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bluehawk (Post 6858565)
I'm enjoying it. I love cold weather, and the more snow we get the better. Just wish people around here knew how to drive in it.

Bluehawk

LOL,
__:-missingtYes, this is so true!

You ether learn to drive a truck in bad weather, or you are going to learn to walk in it.

As for me, I learned to drive in it. :-X0A6

rywegh 12-09-2008 02:58 PM

same here, now my wife who grew up in Florida just plain hates the snow. I take her to parking lots to help her get through the fear of driving in it.

CampSpringsJohn 12-09-2008 09:46 PM

Just bundle up and go. I do a lot of work outside. I was raised on a farm, so I'm used to working in the cold. The wind chill can be a challenge sometimes, and a cold rain is absolutely horrible. Once you get wet, you can't warm up until you get out of your clothes.
Hey Ryan, who are you working for, if you don't mind me asking.

rywegh 12-10-2008 01:17 PM

John, I'm doing part time for FedEx. It is seasonal right now but if things work out I could be brought on as permanent part time. Then I can go get a new full time position somewhere since my job of 13 years let me go a month ago... you know two days after I get back from burying Mom!

CampSpringsJohn 12-10-2008 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by rywegh (Post 6867816)
John, I'm doing part time for FedEx. It is seasonal right now but if things work out I could be brought on as permanent part time. Then I can go get a new full time position somewhere since my job of 13 years let me go a month ago... you know two days after I get back from burying Mom!

I remember when you lost your Mom. Yeah, losing your job is never fun, and I can see that the timing on their part was the worst.

I'm curious to see what happens when DHL shuts down operations in Wilmington. I've got a sister that works up there. UPS and FedEx will have to pick up the slack. You may be on to something that could go full-time. Does FedEx have a place over around Richwood?

rywegh 12-10-2008 07:38 PM

Yes, that is where I am at. It is off of Toebben Dr. I know FedEx is advertising that they will pick up DHL slack. I stand a good chance at going permanent if not full time. We will see...

baslerxlt 12-16-2008 09:32 AM

isnt that off/right by mt. zion rd?

rywegh 12-16-2008 01:46 PM

yes it is, on the other side of the railroad tracks

baslerxlt 12-16-2008 02:56 PM

thats cool, i know a few people out there. its been a while tho, your gettin in my neck of the woods, haha

rywegh 12-17-2008 12:19 AM

Whatcha you talking about Willis?

This is my neck of the woods, I have lived in the Florence, Burlington and Union area my whole life. And by extension I have spent a good bit of time out in Richwood, Walton and Verona.

Lol!!!So what parts of NKY do you call home?

baslerxlt 12-17-2008 06:51 AM

burlington florence hebron area, i live in the burlington right off 18 behind krogers in the apartments

rywegh 12-17-2008 07:21 AM

I know where your at.. thats funny! I live in Florence just past the Kroger on Mall rd behind the harbor freight store

CampSpringsJohn 12-17-2008 07:35 AM

I had to replace a trailer spindle for a guy on the buttermilk exit ramp friday afternoon. You know, when you're out in the cold next to the interstate working for a few hours, and there are no bathrooms handy, it's difficult to find a place that's shall we say, is private.