Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   New York Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum87/)
-   -   Hello from Ronin007 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/799319-hello-from-ronin007.html)

Ronin007 12-05-2008 10:01 PM

Hello from Ronin007

Hey everyone. Long time no chat. Glad to see a lot of you are still around and Neil is hanging in there as your fearless leader.:-jammin

Didn't realize I had been away as long as I have been. Things have been crazy as usual at home and work. Really needed to take the time away from the forums. I had to come on tonight to figure out why my heater blower on the Super Duty will sometimes work and other times not. Figured while I was researching that I would stop in to say "hi" to everyone.:-wink

Well take care everyone. I will try not to be away as long next time.:-innocent

tiny1 12-06-2008 05:35 PM

Darren.... glad to see you around and I am glad to hear that things in your life is about as hectic as the rest of ours. As you stated, do not be a stranger and hopefully you can get your heater blower issue figured out.

Take care

lenny1carl 12-07-2008 04:59 AM

Hope you're well Darren......

GLR 12-07-2008 07:27 AM

Hey Darren, good to hear from you. Sounds like things are as hectic for you as everyone else. Hope you are doing ok.

Ronin007 12-07-2008 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by lenny1carl (Post 6854407)
Hope you're well Darren......

Hey Carl!! Sorry I missed your birthday so happy belated!!:-drink

As to my health, I was just given a clean bill of health in regards to my cancer and they switched me from a 3-month checkup routine to 6-month.:-headbang

The only downside is my wife has to have surgery at the end of this month so we are dealing with that.:(

Thanks Neil and George!!

lenny1carl 12-08-2008 03:39 AM

Darren..thanks for the b'day wish..you got the point of my question. I'm very glad to hear of the 6mo. check up schedual. Next goal,, once a yr baby!!!!
Tell the Mrs. we'll keep good thoughts for her.

Ronin007 12-08-2008 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by lenny1carl (Post 6858007)
Darren..thanks for the b'day wish..

You are welcome.:-X22

..you got the point of my question. I'm very glad to hear of the 6mo. check up schedual. Next goal,, once a yr baby!!!!

Yes I did get the point of your question and yes I agree the next goal is 1 year checkups. I am just glad I don't have to have CT scans any more. I have terrible veins so having the IV put in me for the dye is a royal pain.:-X15

Tell the Mrs. we'll keep good thoughts for her.

Thanks Carl, I will. She has to have a saliva duct removed which is not a problem other than they have to cut right next to her carotid artery which is very scary.:eek:

krewat 12-08-2008 01:53 PM

Rap on the blower motor when it won't start - the brushes might be shot. And, use a meter or test light and see if it's getting power when it won't run.

Oh, and long time no type! :-X14

lenny1carl 12-08-2008 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Ronin007 (Post 6858623)
Yes I did get the point of your question and yes I agree the next goal is 1 year checkups. I am just glad I don't have to have CT scans any more. I have terrible veins so having the IV put in me for the dye is a royal pain.:-X15

Nan was the same way. We were SOOO glad we'd done the port for the chemo because there (:-banghead:mad:)was only 1 tech in 4 hospitals that could do a dye IV without blowing a vein!

Ronin007 12-09-2008 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by krewat (Post 6859345)
Rap on the blower motor when it won't start - the brushes might be shot. And, use a meter or test light and see if it's getting power when it won't run.

Art - it was a loose connection at the blower motor. All is fine now.:) Now I have to figure out my lack of heat in my project Ranger.

Good to hear from you too.:-X22

Originally Posted by lenny1carl (Post 6859817)
Nan was the same way. We were SOOO glad we'd done the port for the chemo because there (:-banghead:mad:)was only 1 tech in 4 hospitals that could do a dye IV without blowing a vein!

Carl - I can't totally blame the techs as I have really bad veins, but I have had some techs that just didn't get the fact that fishing for a vein in someone's arm does not feel good.:-arrgh

tiny1 12-09-2008 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Ronin007 (Post 6862914)
Carl - I can't totally blame the techs as I have really bad veins, but I have had some techs that just didn't get the fact that fishing for a vein in someone's arm does not feel good.:-arrgh

The small problem that I have is that the veins are not very visible in my arm for drawing blood for test. Once and awhile I will get a new tech and they deciede to go on a fishing expedition. What I tell them is how would you like it if I went fishing for the vein in your arm. After that they tend not to do it anymore.... or maybe my size scares the you-know-what out of them :-missingt

Darren, I will keep you and your wife in my thoughts for a successful operation.

tiny1 12-09-2008 11:18 AM

Oh and what is this of a 'project' Ranger???? Do tell :)

krewat 12-09-2008 12:30 PM

I shoulda been a junkie - I'm about 80 pounds overweight and my veins are still visible... never had a problem with them taking blood, that's for sure.

Ronin007 12-09-2008 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by tiny1 (Post 6862951)
Darren, I will keep you and your wife in my thoughts for a successful operation.

Thanks Neil. I will let the wife know.

Originally Posted by tiny1 (Post 6862957)
Oh and what is this of a 'project' Ranger???? Do tell :)

During the summer a friend of mine called me up and asked if I wanted his Ranger that had been sitting in his yard for 8 months. If I did, come get it. The Ranger is from SC and is pretty rust free. Right off it needed a fan clutch, water pump, 4x4 shift motor, tune-up parts, and new fluids. I'm trying to figure out how larger of tires I want to put on it for wheeling so that I know how much of a lift to do. Been trying to find the time to work on it around the home and work schedules.

Originally Posted by krewat (Post 6863232)
I shoulda been a junkie -

:eek:

tiny1 12-09-2008 07:49 PM

Darren I was wondering if this 'project' would end up being your new wheeling rig and it sure sounds like it is and by the sounds of it, the price was right and at least this way it will be built the way you want it.

Keep us posted.