Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   S. California Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum103/)
-   -   Just stepped back into an older Ford!! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/797391-just-stepped-back-into-an-older-ford.html)

1968customcab 11-29-2008 04:11 PM

Just stepped back into an older Ford!!

Hello all, I am not technically new, but i really didn't say much back when i had my 68 Custom Cab F100, well i have just stepped back into a Ford truck, a 78 F250 to be exact, and just thought i would stop in an say hello to everyone again. My name is A.D. and i plan on getting as much info out of you guys as i can, and maybe share some of my info as well. I will post some pics of the Tank within the next few days, but for now, Hello, and i hope to help as much as i need help. Thanks in advance.

SteveBricks 11-29-2008 05:19 PM

How you doin', AD? Thanks for stopping in to say hello.

Whereabouts in the desert are you?

1968customcab 11-29-2008 07:10 PM

I am stationed/live out at Edwards AFB(little north of Palmdale, and south of Mojave). I pretty much roam around anywhere in the Antelope Valley, and my family lives in San Diego, so i do spend alot of time down there, visiting with them.

SteveBricks 11-29-2008 07:14 PM

Cool - we have chapter members out in Ridgecrest, Palmdale & Lancaster.

What kind of plans do you have for your '78?

1968customcab 11-29-2008 07:34 PM

Mainly planning on cleaning her up a bit, filling in some of the old reflectors and other little holes here and there. The interior is pretty decent, but it will need some new door cards and a newer dash, oh and a radio. Definitely have to figure out how to get the front end a little more even with the rear(height wise), maybe some newer springs, it appears that it might be sagging a little bit. It will basically be my toy hauler, so basically just making sure that she can get to and from some of the more remote spots, and be my daily since i live 4 miles from work. Sorry about that, it was a very long post to basically say, that she will get no serious modification but i want to make her look a little bit nicer.

SteveBricks 11-29-2008 07:40 PM

Were you looking for it, or was it just something you stumbled upon and had to have?

1968customcab 11-30-2008 04:33 AM

Actually me and my family have had Ford trucks for awhile. My old man started with an old 70's van, then i got into 80's Bronco 351 that i passed onto my brother, then he wrecked it and got into a 70's 250 Highboy, then he sold it and my old man got into this 78 250, while i got into the 68 F100, i restored it and sold it, and noticed the 250 sitting on the side of the house an decided that i needed a truck, so i took it off his hands. My family has been using it for awhile, and i decided it was time it got put to use. So, i was looking, but it was always sitting there in front of me.

NumberDummy 11-30-2008 04:46 AM

Welcome to the Southern California Chapter.

If you have questions, you can post them in the 1973/79 Forum where there are dozens of knowledgeable members who can answer them.