Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   British Columbia (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum165/)
-   -   Diesel tech in the South OK (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/797054-diesel-tech-in-the-south-ok.html)

mojoman 11-28-2008 11:59 AM

Diesel tech in the South OK

just as the title reads...I need some help with my truck and am located in Osoyoos...anyone know of a local "good" tech???

mojo

Zip 11-28-2008 03:35 PM

Send a PM to Val (warriormama) she is from Osoyoos as well. She may be able to point you in the right direction.

preppypyro 11-29-2008 09:45 AM

Mojo, whats wrong with your truck? What year of truck is it? Maybe we can help

mojoman 11-29-2008 12:06 PM

'95 F250 4x4 7.3...I had it scanned and the codes were not critical...I have replaced the glo-plugs...GPR...injector o-rings...batteries...starter...fresh oil...fuel filter...I bought this truck in Oct...it ran good when warmed up...but needed help(ether) to start after sitting for more than 8 hours...fortunately the GPR was NFG so the PO didn't hurt the motor(I hope) and has since been fixed...no ether now...but still no start...I've cranked this motor forever over the past 2 days...no smoke...no fire...when it was running it ran solid...so I think its just something minor....as opposed to a rebuild situation...any and all help appreciated...I'm gonna post this then head to the shop and replace the NFG block heater...:-banghead

mojo

preppypyro 11-29-2008 01:17 PM

Well if ya replaced the glow plugs, and the gpr, you kinda took my suggestions!

Have you tested them though, to make sure the right current is getting there? I dont know what the specific values are, but if there is a wire(s) that maybe are busted or whatever, then that may be a reason that they arent working.

In the last few days have you tried at all with ether? Like Im wondering if fuel is for sure getting to the injectors, can you hear your fuel pump going at all?

mojoman 11-29-2008 02:28 PM

well...I'm off to shop with the wife....if it don't rumble when I get home I'm gonna disconnect the glo-plugs and give it a sniff of ether...:confused:

mojo

Zip 12-01-2008 06:08 AM

Well any progress yet?

mojoman 12-01-2008 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Zip (Post 6830653)
Well any progress yet?

I installed the block heater and plugged it in for 3 hours...she now wants to start...I'm thinkin' air in the hoses etc from the injector install...the shop is inheated at the moment so I don't hang around more than a couple hours at a time...will be back at it this morn for a bit...:-drink

mojo

mojoman 12-01-2008 10:12 AM

Beastor Lives!!!!!!!!....3rd crank and she fired right up....did a quick 25km run and its a much better feelin' unit...it took me 1.5 months but I got it...;)))

mojo

preppypyro 12-01-2008 10:24 AM

Good things come in time man! Good call getting er going, nice to have a properly working truck eh!

mojoman 12-01-2008 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by preppypyro (Post 6831275)
Good things come in time man! Good call getting er going, nice to have a properly working truck eh!

u bettcha...

mojo

Saleenguy 12-07-2008 04:40 PM

The wifes cousin owns okanagan diesel injection in vernon.
Its rather far north from you, but she says they do great work.

mojoman 12-08-2008 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Saleenguy (Post 6856036)
The wifes cousin owns okanagan diesel injection in vernon.
Its rather far north from you, but she says they do great work.

Saleenguy...would appreciate any contact info you have....its actually a nice afternoon drive from here...thanks

mojo

Saleenguy 12-16-2008 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by mojoman (Post 6858652)
Saleenguy...would appreciate any contact info you have....its actually a nice afternoon drive from here...thanks

mojo

Sorry I have been away working.

The contact if you still need it is Okanagan Diesel Injection Ltd. (Contact)