Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Washington Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum188/)
-   -   back window replace for my 79 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/783572-back-window-replace-for-my-79-a.html)

brentleedragon 10-13-2008 10:37 PM

back window replace for my 79

so I posted this in the 73-79 forum but thought i'd ask you guys

quick story

I got hit by a semi, bent my frame slightly but not bad, destroyed the drivers side of my bed and my head was the nice sledge hammer that knocked out my rear window. the opening is not bent at all where the window is, the gasket I believe is in good condition the weather stipping I should say is not destroyed it looks like it could pop back in? just have to clean out the glass shards but I can get a back window for 9 bucks at the local pull and saves.

So my question is can someone give me a really detailed dumbed down version of how to take the window out with the gasket determine if the gasket is even any good, and to reinstall it into my truck. Pictures would totally help, but I just need a really dumbed down version of how to do it, I know these are the rope method and that just confuses me to all heck.

thanks in advanced

-Brent

It is for my 79 f150 regular cab and I have no idea how to install or uninstall one when I go to do it so I am way hesitant, anyone in the spokane are know how? lol

lostmybeer 10-15-2008 07:00 PM

unfortunately Brent, its not electrical. So, I am of no use.

forddude05 10-16-2008 02:41 AM

Good to hear that you're okay, Brent. Your truck gonna be okay too?

brentleedragon 10-16-2008 09:27 PM

I bought a NICE truck bed today, no dents on the outside, the inside has some, the paint is eh just some minor surface rust in the inside of the bed that I sanded it off. My frame is bent on my truck, so the bed doesnt sit perfectly sadly but it'll do for now, I got a local junk yard who is going install a new slider window for 90 bucks next week, and I need to get the frame straightened which is about 250 bucks I think minimum? but I dont know where to go, so I have got to go call around and find someone to do it.

brentleedragon 10-16-2008 09:38 PM

oh yeah I got the bed which is in great great great condition, for $115

lostmybeer 10-16-2008 11:26 PM

Great deal on that bed. Good to see your going to get the truck going again.

brentleedragon 10-16-2008 11:31 PM

yes sir, I miss driving my ford, I have been driving my suburban (yes let the chevy attacks go but seriously it's an amazing suv) but yeah I want my truck back, I have nice thick all terrain tires on it ( i need to find another set of rims reallly badly anyone got any 15/5.5's laying around) and it is just great to drive, it rides so smooth.

lostmybeer 10-25-2008 01:08 AM

Window fixed yet?

brentleedragon 10-25-2008 01:13 AM

yeah went to a place in Spokane called Spaldings sold me a slider for 47 dollars, I didnt want to bother putting it in, so they put it in for another 50 plus got me new lock trim (black not chrome so it wont get destroyed in a couple years) so I was out the door for a 100 bucks it was pretty nice

lostmybeer 10-25-2008 01:15 AM

Not bad. They wanted to charge Superduty4x4(Chase) $650 for a door. Just a tad bit much.

brentleedragon 10-25-2008 01:19 AM

Oh good lord, well I was checking to get my vent window and door glass replaced through safelight, it came to about 1200 for both i was just like 0.0 and they wanted 600 for the back window. My sister got me a windshield for 150 bucks installed from them and they need to reinstall it they did a horrible job. But I dont live in cali anymore so I can only benefit from her a little bit if shipping isnt too bad. She works for ford

lostmybeer 10-25-2008 01:21 AM

Try talking to ftepartsguy. He's local and a fte sponsor. Lives right around the corner from me.

brentleedragon 10-25-2008 01:23 AM

I will give him a try if I cant find a part, now I am trying find quotes on the frame being straightened

lostmybeer 10-25-2008 01:25 AM

Ed doesn't do straightening. Just parts. I'll see a few guys from Spokomton tomorrow morning and talk to them about good places.

brentleedragon 10-25-2008 01:26 AM

yeah I know he doesnt. Yeah if you could about good places that'd be amazing!