Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Oregon Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum190/)
-   -   October BS Thread! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/783075-october-bs-thread.html)

fabmandelux 10-12-2008 10:11 AM

October BS Thread!

All are welcome! Even those East coast guys:eek:

glruff 10-12-2008 07:26 PM

Afternoonie or night, my case, Don and the rest of the Oregon peepers.

How's the chapter doing?

fabmandelux 10-12-2008 07:39 PM

Evening George! I'm doing OK, but I'm a little frustrated trying to get people to post in the chapter...........I see chapter members posting in other forums, but just can't seem to get them to post here:confused: Any ideas?

SteveBricks 10-12-2008 07:44 PM

Howdy Don!

Just keep on pluggin' - that's all you can do.

Or tell everyone George is paying $.25 per post.:-fire

fabmandelux 10-12-2008 07:53 PM

Hi Steve! I just get frustrated with seeing my members posting all over FTE but here.........I've tried PM's. I've tried making new posts. I just can't seem to get them to come here! Graywolfs post the other night had more posts in it than we've had in 2 weeks, and it got closed, WTF?

SteveBricks 10-12-2008 07:59 PM

Yeah - that wasn't the only one, either. It seems like that kind of thing has fallen out of favor with the admins here.

Hey - I'm really sorry that didn't work out a couple of weeks ago. We'll stop in there next time we're up that way - nice little park and all there. Good place for a rest.

fabmandelux 10-12-2008 08:06 PM

I don't know what went wrong with this new phone system here. I waited till 10:00, and when I didn't get a call from you I went to Arlington and sat in the Village Inn till noon hopeing you'd show up. I left the next day for a trip to Montana to consult with a gold mine that I do work for, and didn't get your PM untill I got back. We'll try again at a later date.

SteveBricks 10-12-2008 08:13 PM

We were in there until about 9:00 or so, then went on down the road. That was a strange day - I don't know if it was the clean, fresh air or what, but I missed the turn off of I-84 (how can you do that?) and ended up going up to 395 and through Hermiston to get to Tri-Cities. Then, I kept trying to go West instead of North. The highways aren't marked all that well, but you'd think after a half dozen trips I'd be better at it than that.

dchamberlain 10-13-2008 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by fabmandelux (Post 6641913)
Hi Steve! I just get frustrated with seeing my members posting all over FTE but here.........I've tried PM's. I've tried making new posts. I just can't seem to get them to come here! Graywolfs post the other night had more posts in it than we've had in 2 weeks, and it got closed, WTF?

I've been involved in the process of trying to build online communities before and I can tell you that it is hard.

In order to get traffic, you have to have traffic. If you don't have traffic, you don't get traffic because people are going where the traffic is.

I'm trying to post here more, but I'm not really a prolific poster or talkative type person to begin with.

sglaine 10-13-2008 12:45 PM

Hello everone...............

bertha66 10-13-2008 12:45 PM

I'm still here, my home computer died a slow painful death, so iI'm not around much on the weekends. I did like the invasion tread, it looked like alot of fun, but they have to look out for those of us out here in Eastern Oregon, there are reasons that were here.}>

fabmandelux 10-13-2008 02:45 PM

I welcome everybodies help. There are a lot of great people here, and we are a family of sorts weather you like the old Fords like me, or the new Superdutys. I myself hang out in the Biodiesel and older Ford truck forums, but I would like to see this chapter grow. I will admit tho to being somewhat of a "bucketmouth"!:eek:

bertha66 10-13-2008 04:45 PM

I am not much of a "motor mouth" but I do like my old cars and trucks.

FORD RANGER 10-15-2008 09:14 PM

hi guys,
whats up? not much here.
and i'm probably one of those guilty parties in the traveling to other forums. sorry!
i start visiting more often.

ford ranger
jack

FORD RANGER 10-15-2008 09:17 PM

i mean i'll start visitng.

jack