Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.0L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum107/)
-   -   Powerstrokehelp.com (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/778128-powerstrokehelp-com.html)

juneau76 07-06-2009 06:50 PM

I use the OEM filters and change it every 7,500 miles. My truck has 83,000miles on it now and I switched to it at 60,000 miles when I first bought the truck. I don't use a bypass setup because I don't see the benefit. Beachbumcook has one and showed his used oil analysis' from before and after which show no real improvement.

mikeast 03-25-2010 06:41 PM

Hey Mark - can I get a copy of your spreadsheet?

eastwood@citytel.net

cheers mike

cheezit 03-25-2010 07:12 PM

my opinion is the guys a db. I dont think he knows all that much either. I think hes a great salesman. most likly a nice hard wroking guy but still a db.

Lubbockguy1979 03-25-2010 07:28 PM

If I were to drive to florida to gave my truck worked on I'd. Go to one of two places. 1st would be gogo diesel. Doug seems to know every nut, bolt, clip, torx etc that is on our trucks. second would be first coast diesel performance. Adam seems to be very 6.0 savvy and given his activity on the forums I'd say he would be behind anything he touched and beside you helping if he didn't sell it to you. Power stroke help? Never seen them other than on their web site. Anyone can make a video but someone that day in a day out is on the forums consistently giving good, correct and knowledgeable advice is the guy that would be wrenching on my truck

cheezit 03-25-2010 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Lubbockguy1979 (Post 8685832)
Anyone can make a video but someone that day in a day out is on the forums consistently giving good, correct and knowledgeable advice is the guy that would be wrenching on my truck

Now I know why I never get work.:rolleyes:

I do hate it though when Mark corrects me.:-wink

Lubbockguy1979 03-25-2010 07:46 PM

Cheeseit I would let you wrench on my truck any day. Thought you were a little further west though

cheezit 03-25-2010 07:59 PM

im in dallas area

Lubbockguy1979 03-25-2010 08:02 PM

Lol in that case.... Want do some open heart surgery? Didn't know u were from tx

bismic 03-25-2010 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by cheezit (Post 8685889)
I do hate it though when Mark corrects me.:-wink

Yeah - I think I may be up to what? twice maybe?

Seriously, I hope to be very clear in my posts ...... I am not a tech and I will readily admit that the techs that are active on these boards are some of our most valuable resources - and they know much more than I do. Cheezit, you are especially appreciated for how much you bring to us.

Lubbockguy1979 03-25-2010 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by bismic (Post 8686422)
Yeah - I think I may be up to what? twice maybe?

Seriously, I hope to be very clear in my posts ...... I am not a tech and I will readily admit that the techs that are active on these boards are some of our most valuable resources - and they know much more than I do. Cheezit, you are especially appreciated for how much you bring to us.

i agree with mark 10x

mhays2 03-25-2010 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jayybird (Post 7687095)
mhays2 & juneau76,
Do you guys use an Amsoil or Motorcraft filter for the Main Flow (not the bypass)? How many miles do you have on your truck? Thanks for the info guys.

I Amsoil for the bypass and Motorcraft for everything else.

John Diem 03-25-2010 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Rob.D (Post 6582302)
Anybody else find this website? I've been watching all the video's and learning a ton. What's everybody think of this guy and his opinions?

I think there is a lot of good information on his site. He is a little hard on dealer mechanics but then not all dealer mechanic know whats going on.:-yeahrigh

cheezit 03-25-2010 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Lubbockguy1979 (Post 8686015)
Lol in that case.... Want do some open heart surgery? Didn't know u were from tx

Im not from Texas... Im stuck here. and if I ever get out I wont come back looking for anything I may left behind. lmao

Im from Ca.

I dont really ever do side jobs and the ones I get involved with are more for fun. I spend all but maybe 2 months of the year ahole to elbow in my daily job. I will say as time passes I keep thinking of going and venturing out, just the cost of being self employed is risky.

teppler 03-25-2010 09:53 PM

cheezit,
Do you work for a Ford dealership owned by Sonic Automotive? Reason I ask is I do computer work for Sonic automotive dealerships in the Oklahoma City area.

On a different subject I have watched his videos also and I would say I would consider letting him work on my truck he probally is a little big headed and I can see how he would rub another diesel tech the wrong way. But in the end those of us who are not technicians usually have to trust our instincts in choosing an independent tech to work on our prized possesions and just cause you are a ford certified tech doesn't always guarantee you do a professional job at a fair price. If he isn't what he seems, a very knowledgable tech, then just having so much exposure you should find plenty unsatisfied customers telling all about his incompetence on the web. jmho

Lubbockguy1979 03-25-2010 10:29 PM

I know how the side work turns out. I do hvac and plumbing and 80% of the time it is more hassle than its worth. I'm mechanically inclined and have done engine repairs, swaps, replaced trannys, rebuild tcases and put lifts on a lot of my vehicles largely because I couldn't afford to have it done. I'm kinda on the fence about dismantling half of the engine on this truck. I'd feel a lot better if I could pull the cab. Lol I'm sure I can get it back together. I'd just like to have a guide. I also am really skeptical about dropping it off at a shop, not actually knowing people that work there. I talked to a guy that gave me a really cheap quote and claims to be a certified diesel tech but again I'm worried that I will end up having to go back thru the truck if something dosent go right.