Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Hampshire Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum158/)
-   -   Hurricane Ike Hits New England!!! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/774826-hurricane-ike-hits-new-england.html)

BIGKEN 09-12-2008 05:13 PM

Hurricane Ike Hits New England!!!

Not to make light of the holy hell that folks in Texas and surrounds are about to go through...but...Hurricane Ike has made landfall in New England. On my way to the rockpile this morning... to enjoy my day off ...gas was $3.55 a gallon...on the way home...it was $3.73...even though the sign outside said $3.63.

Light sweet crude is around $101 and gas is around $3.70 a gallon...in January light sweet crude was around $101 a barrell and gas was around $3.13 a gallon!!! :confused: Things that make yo go HMMMMMMMMMMM!!!

TorontoRaptor416 09-12-2008 05:27 PM

haha...I'm not worried about gasoline...still focusing on the how badly we're going to thump the Jets! :)

Aerocell4x4 09-12-2008 06:48 PM

Water, water everywhere, yet not a drop to drink, said the sailors of old.

Without refineries, the crude oil is useless for our cars.

Such is the effect of speculators on the price we pay.

7283-F250 09-12-2008 06:54 PM

I heard all the refineries closed in Texas which is probably helping the price go up.

77f2504by4 09-13-2008 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by 7283-F250 (Post 6541602)
I heard all the refineries closed in Texas which is probably helping the price go up.

no, sean farted, so the price goes up...:-missingt

i understand this time refineries are closed so price goes up, but 99% of the time they are making up reasons to steel every penny we have from us...

tiny1 09-14-2008 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by 77f2504by4 (Post 6545276)
no, sean farted, so the price goes up...:-missingt

i understand this time refineries are closed so price goes up, but 99% of the time they are making up reasons to steel every penny we have from us...

the really sad part about this is that you are totally correct.

Oh and good one on Sean farting :-missingt:-missingt:-missingt:-missingt:-missingt:-missingt}>}>

BIGKEN 09-14-2008 09:26 AM

AHHHH...yes...Dan and Bobby...the refineries were closed...but that shouldn't affect the gas in the tanks yet...or should it. Just another example of very astute business people extracting every cent of profit they can for their owners and share holders. Keeping their thumbs on the every day working people will teach us a lesson!!!

77f2504by4 09-14-2008 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by BIGKEN (Post 6545844)
AHHHH...yes...Dan and Bobby...the refineries were closed...but that shouldn't affect the gas in the tanks yet...or should it. Just another example of very astute business people extracting every cent of profit they can for their owners and share holders. Keeping their thumbs on the every day working people will teach us a lesson!!!

thats exactly what im talking about! 99% of the time they just invent reasons to change us more! like for example, going from the cheap winter blend to the EXPENSIVE summer blend, then after the summer changeing to the more expensive winter blend... WTF is up with that?

ohh, and a seagull crapped on an oil rig, so hike the price another few cents a gallon!