Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   West Virginia Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum134/)
-   -   Hay Dave,(or any one) (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/774071-hay-dave-or-any-one.html)

wvbobsmith 09-09-2008 07:57 PM

Hay Dave,(or any one)

Hay Dave, I just figured out who you are. I'm Moto Guzzi from the Gab's job.

It looks to me like you spend a lot of time here. :-tap

I need a left front axle assemble for my 1975 F-250. Here's the tag;

4.09 D3TA G
603395-1

Can you tell me where I might find one? All of the local part stores kinda laugh when I say "1975".

By the way, I just found this FTE site tonight (9/09/08) while looking for parts. Kinda COOL, isn't it? 8D

You-all are now on my favorites list,

Thanks for any leads,

BS

BS

1975StroppeBaja 09-09-2008 08:19 PM

Welcome aboard Bob! Where are you in WV? You should pm msgtg or go to this thread and join the WV chapter...

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/6...v-chapter.html

Dave Sponaugle 09-09-2008 11:31 PM

Hi Carpenter Bob,
Welcome to FTE and the WV chapter.
I saw you down at Frankin's didn't I?
I wanted to stop, but had to pick up the boy that evening.

I am a moderator in the IDI diesel section, I spend two or three hours there almost every evening checking all the post for the day and answering questions.
Most of the different sections here can answer just about any question you can think of relating to a Ford truck.
I don't care what the problem is, someone else on here has seen it before.
Best source on the net for Ford information, one of the reasons I have been here for 6 years.

Two places come to mind,
Lowell Larew out on Route 50 on the east side of Route 92 has a bunch of old trucks, I bet he has 50+ 1975's if he can find them all.
892-4490 is the office number.

My next place to look would be Rasco, but Chris has been getting rid of his older trucks.
Rasco is just off route 50 at Meadland Road a couple miles east of Bridgeport.
739-2776 is office number there.

You guys be nice to Carpenter Bob, he does excellent work on Friday. LMAO

I miss working with you guys, I had a lot of fun at Gabe's last winter.
If you see Scott or Erick, tell them I said Hi.
You guys never knew you were working with an Internet personality (troublemaker) did you?
Where are you all working now?
I am doing a retaining wall in Clarksburg right now, then off to the Plesants Valley exit on 79 to do another one.
Someone from Morgantown built the one off Pleasants Valley because we could not get there fast enough.
They messed it up, now I have to go tear it all down and do it right.
I really like fixing someone elses mistakes.

Joe (msgtg) is going to be mad, another member up north by me.

msgtg 09-10-2008 06:19 AM

DANG-IT....it's a set-up ain't it!!!

C'mon, fess up....this guy doesn't really exist does he...youse guys are pullin' my chain again....right?

LMAO! We'd be happy to admit Bob to our group!

Joe

wvbobsmith 09-10-2008 08:06 PM

Hay Gang,

Jason, I'm in Southern Marion County (Colfax is where I grew up). That's on the Tygart River, just south of Fairmont. Where is Arbovale?

Dave, I called Rasco and he didn't have anything. I will call the other one, Thanks

Scott retired at the end of the Gab's job, Eric is on a job at the University and I am working at the Healthplex Project near the Middletown Mall.

And Joe, I am real, for real, and I love the Hinton area. I will be at Pipestem the first weekend in October for a Moto Guzzi Rally. I have a friend that lives on the hill above the bridge that crosses the Bluestone there at the New. There is a lot of good motorcycleing in that area.

Catch Ya Later,
BS

msgtg 09-10-2008 08:39 PM

Way Cool! Can't wait to meet up! There's a new BBQ place over by Grandpa's Store...maybe we can meet up dude.

In the meantime, click the link below and lets get you approved to be a state chapter member.

Joe

1975StroppeBaja 09-10-2008 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by wvbobsmith (Post 6534850)
Jason, I'm in Southern Marion County (Colfax is where I grew up). That's on the Tygart River, just south of Fairmont. Where is Arbovale?

Arbovale is near Green Bank, in Pocahontas County... along with Snowshoe, the NRAO, the Cass train, and several other touristy sites...

crazyredneckanyhow 09-11-2008 11:24 AM

ahemmm stand ups and says " IVE GOT ALOT OF 73-79 stuff. Im in marion co also.

msgtg 09-11-2008 11:36 AM

BUMMER...we forgot about Dave! Sorry Dude!

Joe

Dave Sponaugle 09-11-2008 06:44 PM

I thought Scott was kidding when he said he was going to retire, guess he was serious.

Ride down to GL Wilson ask for Dave (crazyrednechanyhow) in the door shop.
Sounds like he may have what you need.

Lowell probably has what you need, he is a trip to deal with though.

Do you know what axle that is?
75 as I remember had a straight axle, but I don't remember if it was a Dana 44 or a 60.

Give me a week or two, I will be working right off the Plesants Valley exit in Fairmont.
You may even be able to see me when I get there from the interstate as you go by the off ramp north bound.

I just hope we don't get all the rain the weather guys are talking, work is coming in left and right.
I can't figure out why everyone waits till the last minute in the fall, then want dirt work done before winter.
12 hour days and we are getting farther behind every day.

wvbobsmith 09-12-2008 08:54 PM

I will look up Dave at G. L. Wilson. What a small world. I install the doors and hardware from GLW all the time.

How do I determine what axle I have?

Will this tell? 4.09 D3TA GA
603395-1

These numbers are on the tag on the cover.

BS

Dave Sponaugle 09-13-2008 12:31 PM

Try this link.

The Expert - Librarian - Information for driveshafts, u-joints, axles, heavy axles, light axles, Driveline

After you get to the DANA site, search by light axle.
I looked back through the application guide, the earliest F 250 I saw was the 78 F250 Snow fighter which had a Dana 60.
Not many listings at all for 70's model trucks.

I am thinking you should have a 44 straight axle.

When you get to meet Dave, you will know who does any non factory mods to the doors you install.

Dave Sponaugle 09-16-2008 10:06 PM

OK, what did you guys do to Bob while I wasn't looking?

Joe ..... did you kidnap him and move him down south?

msgtg 09-17-2008 06:35 AM

Well....lemme see if I still have that nefarious henchmen's laugh still handy!

Only the Shadow knows!

LMAO

Joe

crazyredneckanyhow 09-17-2008 11:05 AM

Bob who you work for? Id say if the axle in your truckis factory then you have a low pinion dana 44 HD