Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   S. California Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum103/)
-   -   Warranty Void (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/770430-warranty-void.html)

Serg450 08-27-2008 03:44 PM

Warranty Void

So it must be safe to say that if you do any "mods" wile under factory warranty, you can kiss your warranty good bye. This is not what I had in mind when I bought my truck. I just did not think of doing any research at all. I thought I would get the truck, pile all kinds of stuff onto the truck and be good to go. But the more questions I ask the more I realize I *****ed up. And to make it even worse, My warranty is good for 7years 100k miles. Damn!!

Sorry, I needed to vent :-banghead

SteveBricks 08-27-2008 03:48 PM

A 7 year, 100k mile warranty is a bad thing?

What were you wanting to do that will void your warranty if done?

Serg450 08-27-2008 04:13 PM

Well the additional warranty goes for $3499.99 I got it for $999.99 I figured wow what a deal for so little. So then i started looking into "exhaust, Intakes, Performance tuners. I wanted the Spartan package. I think it's like $2200.00 for everything. Seems people are getting a great deal more power out of there 6.4L with the setup. I also wanted to delete the DPF. But they also say it voids warranty ones you start messing with this stuff.

BradyCouchman 08-27-2008 05:36 PM

thats a let down! i know there are some things that you can do that dont void it, i dont know what they are but i bet they are out there, example the roush super charger on mustangs...

FYMR 08-27-2008 11:53 PM

I Think It Depends On If The Modification Could Have Led To The Warranty Item. I Have A K&n Cai (off Road Version) On My F150. I Asked The Service Managers About It And They Know The Trucks Run Better But If It Is A Power Train Type Problem You Are Better Off Putting The Stock Air Intake On. He Said The Ford Rep Would Most Likely Void My Warranty If It Is On And He Sees It. It Is B.s. But It The Advantage That They Hold. Programmers, Turbos, Superchargers And Such Are Obvious To Me. Alot More Power And More Than Likely A Much Shorter Lifespan.

I Try To Keep All Of My Stock Stuff Just In Case, Exhaust And All. Also Being In California I Know I Will Need It For The Next Modified Exhaust/tinted Windows/no Front License Plate Ticket That Is A Standard In Socal.

I ALSO HAVE A 7 YEAR 100,000 MILE WARRANTY.

Serg450 08-28-2008 09:27 AM

I get what your saying, but having to swap stuff out so that "FORD" doesn't void my warranty sounds like to much work. I guess i'm going to leave it as is. And if I deside to change anything,it will be from ford by ford.:-banghead

SteveBricks 08-28-2008 09:29 AM

Aside from that, are you happy with the truck?

Serg450 08-28-2008 11:24 AM

Are you kidding, i still find myself looking back at it as i walk away from it. But when i get inside OOOOObabe! it's love at first all over again.