Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Arkansas Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum175/)
-   -   Sep 6th GTG Menu and Directions (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/770022-sep-6th-gtg-menu-and-directions.html)

tojoski 08-26-2008 12:54 AM

Sep 6th GTG Menu and Directions

The GTG is coming up fast and we need to nail down who is bringing what.

Lets set the start time at 1:00pm, but anyone is welcome to show up that morning say 10:00am on.

I will be supplying the pork ribs and I'll probably throw a few chicken breasts on the smoker and a few hot dogs for the youngsters.

Dave has said he will bring a canopy and some macaroni salad.

Jeff is bringing his famous bbq beans, and Andy has said he is bringing mac'n cheese.

We are going to need:

1. plates and silverware

2. drinks ( I would suggest everyone bring a few, I'll have a cooler you can put them in, this has worked out well in the past as everyone has different tastes )

3. chips

4. coleslaw - ?

5. paper towels - we'll need quite a few rolls by the time everyone gets done with the ribs

6. dessert

7. any other suggestions?

Does anyone have a few folding tables? Dave has said he might have access to some but nothing confirmed.

Everyone should bring a few lawn chairs too.

Check this thread for updates, changes due to weather, ect

Directions:

http://computersolutionsusa.com/FTE/SEPGTG.jpg

cookie88 08-26-2008 04:31 PM

Momma says we're in for chips & dip and a dessert. And she's got more hot dogs in the freezer.

95Z71 08-26-2008 10:08 PM

I'll bring dessert.

Brian_B 08-27-2008 02:06 AM

Thanks for posting directions. Still not positive, but will try (CC may come into play-LOL).

If I get to come down, (since I can't cook) I will bring chips, drinks, paper towels, and whatever else I can throw in.

jimkidd 08-28-2008 08:41 PM

Count me in for being short.

1996pwrstrk 08-29-2008 04:00 PM

Dad has two 6' tables and one 8' plus I have a few card tables . Think that will be enough ?

1996pwrstrk 08-29-2008 07:30 PM

My stepmother is going to make a dessert and we'll also bring paperplates and plasticware.

jimkidd 08-30-2008 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by tojoski (Post 6483333)
The GTG is coming up fast and we need to nail down who is bringing what.

Lets set the start time at 1:00pm, but anyone is welcome to show up that morning say 10:00am on.

I will be supplying the pork ribs and I'll probably throw a few chicken breasts on the smoker and a few hot dogs for the youngsters.

Dave has said he will bring a canopy and some macaroni salad.

Jeff is bringing his famous bbq beans, and Andy has said he is bringing mac'n cheese.

We are going to need:

1. plates and silverware

2. drinks ( I would suggest everyone bring a few, I'll have a cooler you can put them in, this has worked out well in the past as everyone has different tastes )

3. chips

4. coleslaw - ?

5. paper towels - we'll need quite a few rolls by the time everyone gets done with the ribs

6. dessert

7. any other suggestions?

Does anyone have a few folding tables? Dave has said he might have access to some but nothing confirmed.

Everyone should bring a few lawn chairs too.

Check this thread for updates, changes due to weather, ect

Directions:

http://computersolutionsusa.com/FTE/SEPGTG.jpg

Originally Posted by cookie88 (Post 6484777)
Momma says we're in for chips & dip and a dessert. And she's got more hot dogs in the freezer.

Originally Posted by 95Z71 (Post 6486001)
I'll bring dessert.

Originally Posted by Brian_B (Post 6486389)
Thanks for posting directions. Still not positive, but will try (CC may come into play-LOL).

If I get to come down, (since I can't cook) I will bring chips, drinks, paper towels, and whatever else I can throw in.

Originally Posted by jimkidd (Post 6492654)
Count me in for being short.

Originally Posted by 1996pwrstrk (Post 6495280)
Dad has two 6' tables and one 8' plus I have a few card tables . Think that will be enough ?

Originally Posted by 1996pwrstrk (Post 6495827)
My stepmother is going to make a dessert and we'll also bring paperplates and plasticware.

Now if that is not the coolest thing in the world? "Multi-Quote" WoW!

I just had to try that out. I am not disappointed. Thanks to FTE for turning it on and to vBulletin for being smart enough to implement it!

Oh yeah. I'm should be there in a few days. Who's buying mt 1st beer?:-drink

That multi-quote is still hella-cool!

tojoski 08-31-2008 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by jimkidd (Post 6498784)

Oh yeah. I'm should be there in a few days. Who's buying mt 1st beer?:-drink

I bought it today, drank it for ya while I was curing the smoker :-drink

tojoski 08-31-2008 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by 1996pwrstrk (Post 6495280)

Yeah that should be plenty, thanks dave

mechmagcn 08-31-2008 01:05 AM

I sure hope this hurricane blows on out of here by the 6th! Our local forecast right now is calling for 10-20" of rain possible for south AR:mad: If it keeps this up, I'll never get my teardrop finished:-banghead
Hey Joe, how about I come on up a few days early and camp out? :eek:
No really, I have extended an invitation to several friends who are in the danger zone from this storm, hope they all heed the warnings and get out while they can.:-X16

mechmagcn 08-31-2008 01:13 AM

I sure hope this hurricane blows on out of here by the 6th! Our local forecast right now is calling for 10-20" of rain possible for south AR:mad: If it keeps this up, I'll never get my teardrop finished:-banghead
No really, I have extended an invitation to several friends who are in the danger zone from this storm, hope they all heed the warnings and get out while they can.:-X16

mechmagcn 08-31-2008 07:21 AM

OOPS! Sorry about the double post, all I got back was "Bad response from server" and couldn't even get back on FTE at the time. Don't know how it double posted.:confused:

tojoski 08-31-2008 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by mechmagcn (Post 6499141)

Sure, anytime..I hope we don't get rain on sat, right now looks like a 20% chance.. highs in the upper 80's though

jimkidd 08-31-2008 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by tojoski (Post 6499937)
Sure, anytime..I hope we don't get rain on sat, right now looks like a 20% chance.. highs in the upper 80's though

I don't give a deuce if it rains. The only rain I've seen since March had mud in it and lasted like 30 seconds. And I don't mean it rained and landed on sand and made mud. I mean the (insert your own adjective here. the "F" expletive works very well) mud fell out of the sky. And that's not even happened since May. Only thing is, I haven't heard thunder either. There are those crazy ass rockets that fly in a corkscrew (thanks for supplying those, Iran) and the occasional whoosh-thud-boom of a mortar round (or 12), both very thunder-esque in their own special way and very different in others. (I don’t remember rocks falling from the sky after a lightning strike. Not saying it doesn’t happen. I’ve just never seen it.) Ya'll won't think I'm any crazier than I was before if I stand in the rain and drink a beer and jump under a truck if it thunders, will ya?

(BTW, the ol’ lady don’t need to know nothing about any of this unless by the crazy accident she decides to log on and read my posts. OK? OK.)