Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   West Virginia Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum134/)
-   -   Moving up? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/765348-moving-up.html)

5_labsownus 08-08-2008 09:53 PM

Moving up?

We have moved up?
About 20:00 hrs this forum was where it has been for a few years, in the Southern Region.
Now tonight it is up the ladder to the Mid Atlantic Region!

Rod

Archion 08-09-2008 07:33 AM

There go the property taxes...lol

Paul T 08-09-2008 12:34 PM

We were always for the North. Who knows why they put us in the south. If you watch the weather channel and they show the map sections, West Virginia is alway on the border in the northeast, mid atlantic, south eastern, and mid west and usually you have to watch all the areas to get the weather forcast. It is like they do not know where to put us.:eek::confused: As long as they do not think we are still part of Virginia.

5_labsownus 08-09-2008 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Archion (Post 6432621)
There go the property taxes...lol

What? The IQ went up in both regions? LOL

I know about the south thing! I thought myself as part of the north. The gGov calls us "Mid-West" and I don't see that!

Rod

1975StroppeBaja 08-09-2008 09:49 PM

I was looking for the WV chapter and what like, what the hell? Did they lump us in with VA? :-X0A6

Finally found us though.

dieselguy2008 08-09-2008 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Paul T (Post 6433126)
We were always for the North. Who knows why they put us in the south. If you watch the weather channel and they show the map sections, West Virginia is alway on the border in the northeast, mid atlantic, south eastern, and mid west and usually you have to watch all the areas to get the weather forcast. It is like they do not know where to put us.:eek::confused: As long as they do not think we are still part of Virginia.

We were always for the north????? :-missingtWhere did you learn your history?:-missingt I guess thats why the mason dixon line is there! And if WV was still part of VA maybe WV's unemployment wouldnt be so high. Oh yeah! For that matter everything else there also. WV is a rip off of a state. Yeah Im from there but Im glad I got out when I did. I just got gas today for 3.40 a gallon. WV hasnt saw that in how long? To each their own. You must be a confused YANKEE:confused:

5_labsownus 08-10-2008 09:41 AM

As I remember from WV history we seceded from Virginia in 1863 to be part of the Union. As I recall the Union was the north.

“Although the Mason-Dixon line is most commonly associated with the division between the northern and southern (free and slave, respectively) states during the 1800s and American Civil War-era, the line was delineated in the mid-1700s to settle a property dispute. The two surveyors who mapped the line, Charles Mason and Jeremiah Dixon, will always be known for their famous boundary.”

About.Com:Geography

As for pricing, we are paying more for fuel than other states and alot less than some. But we pay a lot less for other things than most of the country.

Fresh corn on the cob: 6-12 ears $2-$4 here.
Mid west in season 6 for $6-$8

Pet spay $35-$45 here
Arizona $100+

Sales tax 6% or 0.06c on the dollar
Some other states do have lower tax
Other are 6%or higher

Home purchase prices
Examples here for a 1500 sq ft and 1 acre 68-100K
Other states the same is >125K to 250K
Look at large states like WY for land/home prices

I think we are doing very good here in WV!

1975StroppeBaja 08-10-2008 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by 5_labsownus (Post 6434917)
I think we are doing very good here in WV!

x2 :-X0A6 :-X22

Dave Sponaugle 08-10-2008 05:25 PM

WV is the northern most southern state and the southern most northern state.

During the Civil War, the fighting in WV was some of the worst because family members were fighting against family members.

I live about 18 miles from Phillippi WV, which was the first land battle of the Civil War.

Many of the local hills around here still have evidence of the trenches from the Civil War.

And I think the move has a lot to do with the Carlisle Truck show.

msgtg 08-10-2008 07:58 PM

Ok guys, here's the answer....

We are mucho closer to the Mid-Atlantic group than we are to the South. George and I talked about this move ever since I became the Chapter Lead. Adrian heard the two of us and agreed so our Chapter has been moved to the Mid-Atlantic region.

NOW...the other winner for us is that the Mid-Atlantic region is really an active region and with WV rebuilding and being more active than we have been in the past...the Mid-Atlantic region was actively courting us to move.

As a result of the Carlisle All Truck Nationals Show this year....the WV Chapter is continuing to move up!

Thanks for noticing Rod! More to come shortly!!!

Regards,
Joe

Dave Sponaugle 08-11-2008 11:38 PM

I knew it was Joe and George and the Aussie......Kalifornian all being in Carlisle at the same time.

msgtg 08-12-2008 05:51 AM

Dave, we wuz sorry to hear that you had to stay home and finish your chores....we wuz really hoping you'd bring the Dirt Devil out and play....we could have had SO MUCH FUN!

Next year Pal....next year!!!

Joe

Paul T 08-12-2008 11:37 AM

Joe you got to get them to put West Virginia on the banner.:-jammin

msgtg 08-12-2008 11:45 AM

Yup, I've already hit George with that one....that particular banner was made up prior to the change being made so it's just not up to date...yet!

Next year you gotta drag the TT to Carlisle! It was my first time I've been to the All Truck Nationals...but it isn't going to be the last!

Joe

stroker rus 08-13-2008 09:07 PM

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...3L._SS500_.jpg

Hey Diesel Guy
With an attitude like yours Me and my buddy here are glad you moved too.
Apparently you belong down there with the rest of those yahoos!:-missingt

stroker-rus