Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum26/)
-   -   New to Forum, question on Saleen (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/756084-new-to-forum-question-on-saleen.html)

firefighthero 07-06-2008 01:41 PM

New to Forum, question on Saleen

I'm new to the forum and own a 07 Harley edition with the Saleen package. Can anything be done to remove speed limiter and improve performance.. I'm a little disappointed in it now. Thanks

ckirwan514 07-06-2008 02:17 PM

what has been done to the motor is it blown, how about the intake system . i am a lighting owner and dont know much about saleen packages. i have several mods on my truch which is an 02 model my last trip to the dyno tuner i use my truck was putting out 422hp at the rear wheels.i can list the mods i have done if that will help.

FTE Ken 07-06-2008 03:47 PM

Yes, it can be removed by any competent SCT tuner. You can't use an off-the-shelf tuner on the Saleen, you have to go with custom tuning. You can pick up some power but Saleen's setup has a habit of pegging the MAF so that needs to be addressed if you go with more boost. The same MAF on a Roush intake has no problems even with 3 lbs more boost.

GerRod 07-06-2008 05:24 PM

Troyer Performance does excellent work custom tuning supercharged F150s. I suggest contacting them. troyerperformance.com

ckirwan514 07-06-2008 08:36 PM

if you want more power you need to get an sct unit. however do not use a store bought tune. there are clubs in all areas of the country find the club in your area they will help you find a dyna-tuner in your area who is good with fords and have them tune your truck. dont forget every mod you put on your truck will have an effect on your tune. do the big mods then dyna-tune. i hate to be so worde'y but when you start putting mods on your truck you dont want to blow it up. hope this info helps.

Highspeedjockel 07-16-2008 10:39 AM

hi, i have the same problems because i have the same truck. only the supercharger cames from Saleen, the programming is directly from Ford because this truck is a corporation between them.

so iīm a german guy i donīt need the speedlimiter and here it is a little bit dangerous to drive only 98 mph.

Superchips Flashpaq 1815 donīt work on these truck because i have tested it.

I only get the message on odometer: tire pressure system fault and the flashpaq needs an update, but i donīt get anything from Superchips.

Hope i get a positive answer from php.

07HDSaleen 08-02-2008 12:12 PM

Hey,

I was in the same position when I test drove an '07 Roush.....after coming from an '03 Harley, Iw as very dissapointed by the way it felt way slower than my old truck.

When I tried a Saleen truck it felt quicker but still nothing compared to my old one.

As I am in the UK, I decided to buy a truck and ship it to JDM in NEw Jersey.

They fitted a smaller pulley, Cold air intake and reflashed the ECU.

This is where you have to be careful as Ford havent built the internals to withstand much boost and the rods and rings are the weakest link.

My Saleen Harley truck now goes off the 120mph clock and runs about 9lbs boost. Hopefully going to dyno it soon and hope to see around 485bhp.

The Roush and Saleen trucks have governers in them to limit the speed due to a warning from Ford. Any capable tuner can remove it by reflashing the ECU with a custom tune.

I chose JDM but others use Troyer and a few others.

Kev F