Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alternative Fuels, Hybrids & Mileage (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum146/)
-   -   WVO Kits for N/A 6.9/7.3L & PS 7.3? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/753701-wvo-kits-for-n-a-6-9-7-3l-and-ps-7-3-a.html)

thosfsull 06-27-2008 03:16 PM

WVO Kits for N/A 6.9/7.3L & PS 7.3?

From the most expensive/deluxe to the cheapest/DIY units. Which ones would be your choice for a high mile 6.9L? How about 7.3L in the under 100K region of mileage?

I know that Vegistroke makes a nice kit for Powerstrokes, but isn't the design to take advantage specifically of just PS diesels and not N/A old school 6.9/7.3L? Something about extra heating the fuel through the heads since it is deadheaded and such.

timcos 07-04-2008 08:15 AM

you could check out Welcome to Golden Fuel Systems! - HOME. They sell some conversion kits or they will do it for you...Not sure how they compare to the other guys but they sure are friendly..and will give you some straight answers.

What I have learned is as usual everyone has their opinion and there is not one perfect stup for every single application...have to do what's right for the app.

pdx02 07-17-2008 10:24 AM

I have a 3 tank WVO system for my 2002 7.3 ex fron fossil free fuel and love it. Check them out Untitled Document if you call talk to dave.

usherac21 08-07-2008 11:56 AM

I've purchased a Vegistroke system for the 7.3. I'm having it installed next week. Check out dinofuelalternatives.com . I'm having Pete Efthimiatos, a Vegistroke Certified Installer, put it in. He is located in Danbury, CT, right on the New York State Line. You can reach him at 203-300-5849. It is a completely automatic system and, in my opinion, the best on the market. Good luck with whatever you choose.

SkySkiJason 08-07-2008 06:30 PM

Best system for PSD is Vegistroke V3 - not even a close second, nah, not even anything in the same race - hands down. Take full advantage of this unique design.

As far as NA and IP-type engines it is Frybrid. GFS and the other kits are junk and will be problematic. Frybrid has systems in operation in Alaska winters and it is difficult to find anyone who has ever had issues relating to their Frybrid VO system. If it is money you want to save - buy the best system (I did not say 'kit') available and NEVER tinker with it again.

Its funny, in the few years I've been reading various forums I see a definite trend. MOST of the Frybrid customers are all over the net reading, posting and asking questions, etc UNTIL they get their system installed. After everything just works like its supposed to for awhile, they just kinda disappear! The GFS, greasecrap, vo conversions, etc owners are constantly trying to SOLVE the problems inherent in the junk they ended up buying. MANY end up modifying the system so it will actually WORK and ultimately invest more than they would have just 'doin' it right the first time'.

Bottom line, you want a system that heats the VO to at least 180* before IP, uses switching valves rated for those temps, does NOT SHARE filter w/both fuels, does not switch over until adequate temp is acheived, does not place copper or mild steel in contact w/VO, does not heat the whole tank of VO (just the bit right around fuel pick-up) and does not cross-contaminate fuels (VO in diesel tank is baaaaad, ummmkay!). Also look for REAL fuel lines (uh, sorry but PEX makes great airline, not 'hot fuel' line) and other components on par w/OEM standards.

TRUST ME, if yer fuel cost goes from almost $5/gal to almost nothing - YOU WILL GET YOUR MONEY BACK!! If ya drive alot, you'll get it back FASTER.

I like to say choose wisely, or PLEASE post the pics of the carnage! }>