Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Louisiana Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum148/)
-   -   Louisiana meet Ideas?????? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/753084-louisiana-meet-ideas.html)

rbloodhound 06-25-2008 06:29 AM

Louisiana meet Ideas??????

Any one with new ideas for a meet?

Bigdawgkp 06-25-2008 07:40 AM

What ever happened to the old ideas?

Tangi Cowboy 06-25-2008 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by rbloodhound (Post 6284432)
Any one with new ideas for a meet?

We need to get something going, how about a cental location meet and greet lunch??

Tangi Cowboy 06-25-2008 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Bigdawgkp (Post 6284527)
What ever happened to the old ideas?

Kevin, we live pretty close, how often do you get to Hammond??

rbloodhound 06-25-2008 12:08 PM

Nothing. I am trying to get something going.

Bigdawgkp 06-25-2008 01:36 PM

Tangi I may get to Hammond once or twice a month. Some months I do't go at all, some months I go two to three times. Was going pretty regularly when Berryland had my Escalade, but they completed all of the warranty work and I hauled it back to Gulf Shores. Go through Hammond on the interstate in route to BR once in a great while. Used to stop in at PJ's coffee shop in the middle of town a great deal. Go to Lowe's every now and then, just because I liked the store and people far better than the one in Covington.

Tangi Cowboy 06-25-2008 06:27 PM

Kevin, I'm about the same way, I used to go at least once a week, but things have changed, and now, it's pretty sparodic. The reason I asked perhaps we could meet up some day for a coffee or cold drink, get aquainted, and shoot the breeze a little about our Ford trucks and etc. I need to go to Covington some time soon to Evergreen Tractor, if I don't buy one somewhere else, that guy seems to have pretty good prices, I just need to break down and buy something, but I hate to turn loose of the money. If I see myself coming over that way I will post a couple of days in advance and see if we can hook up.

rbloodhound 06-26-2008 08:37 AM

I am working around the shreveport area. I can meet up with some of the North LA members.

TeamMudd 06-26-2008 06:37 PM

how bout the La mud fest.........

Louisiana Mudfest - Home

it's a good combo for trucks and ATV's.....i've never been there, but we are going over the 4th weekend. the guys i know that have been there say it was pretty good. there aren't many "trails" per say, but the have pits for trucks and atv's (separate of course)!

i'll probably be there with the mud drag truck and our atv's (mine and the wifes). i'll have a BIG 4-SALE sign on the mud drag truck, so i can fire it up, and run it around alittle, maybe get a bite.........and of course the SD will be there too, lol!

rbloodhound 06-27-2008 07:42 AM

Jason are you going to be there all weekend?

I have plans to be at a lake for the 4th. I haven't decided on which one yet. Concordia or blackriver lake.

I may be able to get some guys together to go on Saturday. Maybe I can bring the F150 and the suzuki.

walrus 06-27-2008 02:13 PM

Tangi,
I'll keep watch for your 'going to Covington' post as well... I work in Madisonville so I'm close.

MBBFord 06-27-2008 06:27 PM

I'm still looking for a fourwheeler.
IF I could find a decent bike for around $3,000 I'd buy it today.
No way I'm getting the bronco there.

TeamMudd 06-27-2008 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by rbloodhound (Post 6291173)
Jason are you going to be there all weekend?

I have plans to be at a lake for the 4th. I haven't decided on which one yet. Concordia or blackriver lake.

I may be able to get some guys together to go on Saturday. Maybe I can bring the F150 and the suzuki.

as for right now i'm planning on going SAT and SUN!! one of our friends can't go SAT so he's gonna go sunday, and i'm gonna tag along! i only live about 10 min away so no camping for me hahaha!!

rbloodhound 06-28-2008 07:18 AM

I am talking to some friends. We are going to try to go Sat. Probably just bring the 4 wheelers. That way we can take my trailer and only one truck.

TeamMudd 06-28-2008 11:28 AM

sounds good man!! i'm still debating on taking the mud drag truck to try and sell. the way everything (economy wise) is going, no ones really eager to spends some bucks on hobbies / projects...........so we might just end up brining the wheelers and the grill!!

let me know what ya'll will be drivin and i'll look for ya.........we'll be in our F250 Crew Cab, pulling a blue trailer with a box on the front!