Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   West Virginia Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum134/)
-   -   Dang it's gotten quiet! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/748756-dang-its-gotten-quiet.html)

msgtg 06-08-2008 06:02 AM

Dang it's gotten quiet!

I hope that means all of the trucks are looking spiffy!

With the price of fuel, I'm spending more time washing and cleaning than I am driving them.

The F150 got it's second bath in two weeks...it's on cloud 9....and the F250 is wondering why I'm driving the gasser again!

Hey remember when it was really cold out last year and we wanted warm weather....it's here!

Joe

Dave Sponaugle 06-08-2008 12:57 PM

And it is here with a vengance.

I was hoping for a week or three between the rainy season and thew hot weather so I could do a little work on my truck.

Hot an still raining is not a good sign.

msgtg 06-08-2008 05:07 PM

It's raining up there? I'm leaving tomorrow for Fairmont. We have to meet with the customer to get acceptance testing for the software we've developed all squared away.

We'll be there until Friday....so could you make the rain stop before I get there? I just washed the diesel this morning.

Joe

5_labsownus 06-08-2008 05:49 PM

You did not hear me asking or looking for hot weather! I like it cool as in cuddling weather!

1975StroppeBaja 06-12-2008 09:06 PM

I've been away for the past several days. Went to the All-Ford Nationals in Carlisle Sat & Sun (holy moly was it hot!! :-fire)

Then went to Hershey Mon thru Wed to hit Hersheypark and such. My 2yo girl had a blast. She's finally big enough to ride the kiddie rides by herself. My wife & I hit up a few roller coasters so a good time was had by all!

Scored a new personal record high 17.1mpg on the (all interstate) run from Hershey to Winchester so that was good :-jammin

Now back to the grind :-banghead

msgtg 06-13-2008 06:51 AM

I was in Fairmont/Clarksburg for the past week....

There I was...driving by this construction site....thinking excavation but there's no Dirt Devil in sight....then there's this big ole' dumptruck with OUTLAW on the doors....even when I'm on the road you guys are all around! It's amazing!

Joe

ghunt 06-13-2008 11:55 AM

I swapped out the front fuel tank on my truck last weekend- sweated off about 5 lbs.

Just been staying inside trying to keep cool, and hanging out with my new lady friend ;)

Hoping to get my truck done soon and get it up here in town.

Archion 06-13-2008 09:02 PM

AC season is upon us at work, Someone turned on the switch Monday morning and forgot to turn it off... I dont even have time to wast company bandwidth any more.. It'll be this way for the next couple of months at least. I guess people dont liek sweating in their cars. Also I want to point out as a warning that fuel tank sales are through the roof across the company. Big rash of tank stabbings going on the past couple of weeks. Pretty bad when gas is the new crack, even more so for you oil burners...

1975StroppeBaja 06-13-2008 11:48 PM

I put up a few pictures from the All-Ford Nationals here... no pics of the trucks because it was so hot out I didn't bother walking through all the show vehicles. Mainly focused on the swap meet.... and the Early Broncos of course :-X0A6

Carlisle All-Ford Nationals 2008

ghunt 06-14-2008 01:56 AM

Tank stabbings- almost makes me wonder if maybe it would be worthwhile to leave the skidplate under my front tank?

Had to swap out my old tank because it was leaking under the straps. Was gonna just pitch the skidplate because it was so nasty and the bolts were screwed up. But hell maybe not.

msgtg 06-14-2008 06:57 AM

IF I WUZ YOU....I'd just find new bolts! Especially since it's really not hard to reinstall. It's a cheap insurance policy if nothing else.

Joe

80351 06-19-2008 05:36 AM

Good Morning WV.
Morning Joe

msgtg 06-19-2008 10:29 AM

'Mornin Pal!

What's new?

Joe

wvabeer 06-21-2008 09:28 PM

I haven't been on here in a long time, I bought a new Thundercat and been getting alot of seat time on that thing with my wife and her AC 500 auto and my f350 is clean sitting in the garage waiting on the next camping trip to tow our toyhauler.

Dave Sponaugle 06-21-2008 10:22 PM

I am building retaining walls and dodging rain drops and mud holes.

Thursday since it was not raining, I caught a 2" water line with about 95 PSI on it.

Instant mud hole.