Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 to 2016 Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum30/)
-   -   Monster TRUCK! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/745521-monster-truck.html)

miker67 06-17-2008 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by STGFordCrazy04 (Post 6262126)
DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM usa6x6.com unless you have an earnest desire to be ripped off screwed over and left beside the road dead.

That is a fairly strong assertion. Care to back it up with some more specific details?

Tre-E_Ford 06-17-2008 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by STGFordCrazy04 (Post 6262126)
DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM usa6x6.com unless you have an earnest desire to be ripped off screwed over and left beside the road dead.

x2 if you look through this forum and pirate4x4, its nothing but complaints from usa6x6.

look into quadz build in the offroad forum and ask all the questions you'd like

miker67 06-17-2008 04:16 PM

Ok then, can you suggest a good alternative for rockwell rebuild/upgrade parts?

Tre-E_Ford 06-17-2008 04:26 PM

if you're thinking about going with rockwells this is a good thread to look at
03f350's 03 F-350 build - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board
he had problems w/ usa6x6

STGFordCrazy04 06-17-2008 04:30 PM

I think USA6x6 is bankrupt anyway so I dont see why it matters.

Their quality has been dwindling for quite some time and I frankly do not see how theyve stayed in business this long.

If you have a valid rebuttle I would gladly hear it.

Im not the anti-Christ that Ive been made out to be. Im actually a pretty decent guy with a pretty decent working knowledge of 4wd trucks and their components.

Im sorry to have offended anyone but when it comes to safety I will not site idley by.

countryboy116 06-17-2008 05:54 PM

usa6x6 has a VERY BAD repuatation for not sending people the right parts if... if they ever even send them, and when you get them half the time they are poor quality parts are old used dirty parts that are well used, do not waste your time, as for rockwells, i think you've finally gotten the idea and are on the right track to build a bad arse truck, lots of good info out there, you can usually get a set of rockwells front and rear for around $1200, then do a minor rebuild on them and you shuld be good to go, have you decided your suspension yet? 4 link? leafs? the best way would obviously be a 4 link, build a nice subframe and add some triangulation in the frame, eh too much to type, go check out quads build thread

krewat 06-17-2008 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by STGFordCrazy04 (Post 6262121)
you know man, all of this percieved bashing could have been avoided if you said in your opening post "Im looking in to rockwells."

No, the bashing was the fault of you and your minions.

Do not put it back on the OP.

countryboy116 06-17-2008 06:11 PM

Are we really gunna start this up again, the minions weren't the only ones stating that the brakes/axles needed to be upgraded for safety reasons.

krewat 06-17-2008 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by countryboy116 (Post 6262714)
Are we really gunna start this up again, the minions weren't the only ones stating that the brakes/axles needed to be upgraded for safety reasons.

Yeah, this IS GOING to be started up again, if STG keeps talking like he doesn't understand REALITY.

The only bashing I saw came from minions, and MAYBE one other person.

Who bashed?

The only two warnings/infractions I gave out were for STG and one of his minions.

Do the math.

countryboy116 06-17-2008 06:37 PM

Im really trying not to start anything, but just because the only people you have warnings too were minions doesn't mean they were the only people talking, ever heard of profiling?

krewat 06-17-2008 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by countryboy116 (Post 6262779)
Im really trying not to start anything, but just because the only people you have warnings too were minions doesn't mean they were the only people talking, ever heard of profiling?

Talking is talking. Bashing is bashing. Let it go.

All done now.

Case closed.

Back to the thread at hand.

countryboy116 06-17-2008 06:52 PM

We tried to let it got, you brought it back up by saying it was only us, i counted atleast 4 other people saying the same thing as us, or atleast along the same lines, but whatever im done, arguing with you is pointless and not worth getting banned.

krewat 06-17-2008 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by countryboy116 (Post 6262818)
We tried to let it got, you brought it back up by saying it was only us, i counted atleast 4 other people saying the same thing as us, or atleast along the same lines, but whatever im done, arguing with you is pointless and not worth getting banned.

You have no idea what was deleted from this thread.

Others did say it was a bad idea. Period. They didn't BASH.

There's a difference.

If you want to discuss anything further, please PM me.

Mydiesel250 06-17-2008 07:12 PM

HAHHAHA Man i was about to pop some popcorn and see how long the kids were gonna go at it! I dont even know what happened between page 3 and now but thats a pretty sweet truck if i do say so myself. Safe or not i LIKE it!

Mydiesel250 06-17-2008 07:14 PM

I wondering how to get in a rig like that, i would have alittle slide out step stool. or a lift arm of some sort