Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Arizona Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum80/)
-   -   back home (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/745316-back-home.html)

helifixer 05-26-2008 06:44 PM

back home

well back home from the fishing trip. Friday woke up at about 0200 (that's AM) not because I was excited to fish for 4 days I either had food poisoning or the stomach flue. I finally :-X13cleaned out enough about noon to make the trip, 150 Miles. got to the lake and unloaded in between storms, out for maybe 30 minutes on fri. got up around 0800 on sat didn't feel any better fished maybe 3 hours in between storms. up around 0700 on Sunday fished All day, up at daylight on mon. fished until one of the carburetors on the boad died and started flooding the engine, and the wind started blowing so we packed up and left. all total we caught 23 keepers and a bunch of throw backs.
I will unload the camera and see what my wife got pics of. if any good ones I will upload them.
Bart

Bill W 05-26-2008 07:07 PM

Glad you are feeling better, and everyone had a good time.

UP_There 05-26-2008 10:37 PM

A bad day on the lake...is better then a GOOD day at work Bart!

helifixer 05-27-2008 08:38 AM

I don't know about that, my average day is 3 hours and that includes a daily inspection washing the helicopter and all my paperwork. and I am on salary (with overtime if I get called back in) so I am done for the day. that is hard to beat. when I woke up Sunday I thought it was Friday, I was that sick. I drove most of the way to the lake on Friday and don't remember most of the drive.

AzBlueWolf 05-27-2008 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by helifixer (Post 6197460)
I don't know about that, my average day is 3 hours and that includes a daily inspection washing the helicopter and all my paperwork. and I am on salary (with overtime if I get called back in) so I am done for the day. that is hard to beat. when I woke up Sunday I thought it was Friday, I was that sick. I drove most of the way to the lake on Friday and don't remember most of the drive.

and you wanna give all that up to work on ranch equipment why?

Mark

helifixer 05-27-2008 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by AzBlueWolf (Post 6198342)
and you wanna give all that up to work on ranch equipment why?

Mark

still have a boss even as good as it is.

AzBlueWolf 05-27-2008 11:38 PM

Bosses are like diapers, always on yer butt and full of it....

Mark

UP_There 05-27-2008 11:41 PM

Bosses are like Slinky's.......Not good for much of anything, but can't help bringing a smile to your face when you push em' down a flight of stairs :-drink

kermmydog 05-28-2008 12:16 PM

Bart, Did you fish up in Nevada at Alamo? Glad your home safe. Yea that food poisoning isn't fun. I ended up in a Las Vegas hospital once from it. I was so sick the EMTs transported me in from Pahrump. I was so sick the EMT just gave me a big plastic bag and said let it come. She was an RN that worked in Vegas, & lived in Pahrump an volunteered as an EMT. I hope I never get that sick again.
Craig

helifixer 05-28-2008 10:06 PM

Alamo lake, it is about 30 miles North of Salome, about 30 miles strait Southwest of Bagdad.

MnBoomer 05-29-2008 07:02 PM

Salome, did someone say Salome? That's my winter retreat home. I can hardly wait to get back down there.

helifixer 05-29-2008 11:17 PM

why would you stay in Salome? just go north 30 miles and live on the lake, now that's what I'm talking about right there.

MnBoomer 05-30-2008 05:40 AM

MN has over 10,000 lakes and I live across the street from one of them. It's a good lake for fishing and water skiing and even is very popular for ice fishing. We have the benefits of all the birds and animals. I wanted a different place, desert, mountains and in the middle of no-where. I traded my apple trees and riding lawn mower for for citrus trees and 4-wheelers.

Vicki

helifixer 05-30-2008 07:59 AM

i think AZ has 10,000 gallons of water! ha ha, let us know when you are in the state again.

AzBlueWolf 05-30-2008 11:22 PM

i have a lake in my backyard...no swimming, no skiing, dont drink the water or eat the fish

Mark