Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Delaware Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum191/)
-   -   SAM skirk55 How Are You ? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/742808-sam-skirk55-how-are-you.html)

glruff 05-18-2008 01:37 PM

SAM skirk55 How Are You ?

Sam its been awhile. How did you make out with the operation?

Foxxy 05-18-2008 04:46 PM

George, Sam didn't end up having surgery. The docs thought it may result in more complications. He's not allowed to drive heavy equipment or trucks so now has look for another job. He said as soon as he is able to drive again, he'd get up with us.

Sam, when you sign on, I hope you didn't mind me sharing what I knew.

skirk55 05-18-2008 05:07 PM

I was told the possible damage was too big so I have to retire from my job! It just keeps getting deeper and deeper. This is a hard thing to except and my wife has been the best. My kids have been calling and stopping all the time. I do not think this is necessary. They don't think I should hold anything but a glass of water and this is driving me nuts. The thing that has me upset and I am very upset is Friday I picked up my truck and the battery's were dead. We got it going and when I backed up my trans started slipping and it made a bang! Every time I back up it makes a bang and slips but when I go forward it is OK. I just can not get out of the hole. I have has my guts taken from me,my job,food now my truck again!!! Today I saw a flash of lighting and I hid in the basement and my wife asked me why did you go downstairs? After what I have been going through would you not hide? I have always told my kids it is not important if you win or loose but that you fight through life for what you believe in or want. I have to stand by what I have always preached to them and I will.

glruff 05-18-2008 06:01 PM

Sam just want you to know we are here for you. Anything we can do for you now?

As you feel like it, jump in the chapter b/s thread. You know what they say laughter is sometimes the best healer, everyone knows thats what we do in the bs thread is cut up, carry on and most of all laugh at each other in a friendly way.

Keep in touch, we miss your posts good buddy

skirk55 05-18-2008 06:58 PM

Thanks George.

DAFBFD58 05-18-2008 11:06 PM

Sam you need anything from me let me know. I am closer to you now as I am in Elkton MD. So you need a hand with that truck you let me know and I will what I can do for you buddy!!!!

glruff 07-10-2008 07:31 AM

Sam haven't seen you in awhile, everything ok?

DAFBFD58 07-10-2008 03:29 PM

Yea Bud how you doing????

fire240 07-10-2008 04:00 PM

Sam hope everything is okay. if ya need anything just give me a call.

skirk55 07-10-2008 10:33 PM

Hi everyone Thank you all for asking how things are going. It has been tough and the pain will not go away. Some days are better and then I have a day like today. I retired and I am going on social security. I started to do painting to have something to do and I wish I did this years ago. I have too much work. I can't ride in my truck much the bouncing all most kills me. It is all I can do to go down to my trailer in my wifes mini van. I have to say that things are better than it was this spring. One weekend when we are in Chincoteague I will meet up with everyone. It is a little longer but the roads in Delaware and Maryland are much better than the roads in Pa. I miss everyone and look forward to seeing everyone again. :-X25

glruff 07-11-2008 04:03 AM

Sam, just say the word and we all will meet you at your trailer and spend the weekend with you. You got room right???

Good to hear you are doing okie dokey. Yell out if we can do anything for you!

J/K, we'll only spend Friday nite. :-bigparty

DAFBFD58 07-11-2008 08:19 AM

Just Let us know if you need a hand with anything!!!!!!

skirk55 07-11-2008 09:32 PM

What a week my wife and I had at the trailer. It was cold all week! The water is 57 deg. and the wind was from the water. The park was packed. We ride around the campground in my golf cart and meet people. Saturday night 10 of us went to dinner. It was a blast. Everyone was from Virginia. Maryland. Delaware. The high fuel cost has hit the campground now.They put a squash on fireworks this year. If you got caught you were sent home. Three trailers went home that night. That trailer is a blessing. People that have trucks and RV's are the best people to meet and tell stories about traveling. My wife and I meet the people behind us and they are our best friends. He did pro truck pulling and his buddy own a monster truck circuit. This is heaven I wish Ryan would meet them. Pain killers are kicking in now so it is bed time. Hope to see everyone soon!

DAFBFD58 07-12-2008 03:28 PM

Maybe one day Sam. Hey if your up to coming out on the 22nd Cecil county Fair is holding a truck pull, come on out if you want I will be there. I don't think I will be able to pull because of my weight but I'll be there!!!!!!

glruff 07-12-2008 03:36 PM

Hey Sam are you camping with the good sam club?????

Do you know Betty & Jim Richards???