Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum168/)
-   -   Home Biodiesel?? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/741357-home-biodiesel.html)

floridadude 05-13-2008 03:02 PM

Home Biodiesel??

I am very close to purchasing a home biodiesel kit. I am so tired of paying these prices. Plus I am fascinated that we can actually make it ourselves and that its a fairly simple process. Anyone out there already producing their own diesel? If so let me know how its going and what you think? Also anyone gave any recommendations on which company is the best? Thanks!!!

jefftb 05-13-2008 03:40 PM

I'd check out the Biodiesel section here on FTE.....

Right here

Bio-diesel, Propane and Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

clintbonnie 05-13-2008 05:27 PM

Ran across the following outfit that claims their method is better and cheaper... I am also getting real close to making my own... More the info, the better.. check out:
Diesel Secret Energy - Alternative Biofuel Biodiesel

Chance_Thomas 05-13-2008 10:46 PM

I heared diesel secret is a no no. Check out the bio forum.

lionsteve 05-13-2008 10:56 PM

Do a google search on DSE and you will get a lot of feedback.....:-X01

Steve

floridadude 05-16-2008 08:01 PM

Take a look at the website. I talked to them today too. homebiodieselkits or kit .com check it out. I'm more than likely going to get one. The freedom fuel deluxe. I'm pretty excited.

Benny2002 05-16-2008 08:37 PM

What is the freedom fuel deluxe? Im in sarasota where are you at floridadude?

cookie88 05-16-2008 08:42 PM

Better ask the biodiesel experts.

Thread moved.

floridadude 05-18-2008 03:11 PM

i'm in melbourne/palm bay florida. But I'm in north dakota doing some work. I'm getting the biodiesel processor for sure. I've done a lot of research and decided to get one. I am however purchasing a volkswagon diesel and testing it out on that before my truck.

comp 05-26-2008 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by floridadude (Post 6167340)
i'm in melbourne/palm bay florida. But I'm in north dakota doing some work. I'm getting the biodiesel processor for sure. I've done a lot of research and decided to get one. I am however purchasing a volkswagon diesel and testing it out on that before my truck.

any updates ??

floridadude 05-26-2008 10:45 AM

The freedom fueler is a home biodiesel processor that has a drywash system. This makes the process quicker because you dont have to wait for the water to settle down. I live in Palm Bay/Melbourne Florida. I plan on building a little building for the processor and outfitting one of my little trailers for hauling used vegetable oil. Gonna get some other local diesel buddies to chip in, cause I know they will be all over it when they see me fueling up at 60 cents a gallon.

comp 05-27-2008 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by floridadude (Post 6194648)
The freedom fueler is a home biodiesel processor that has a drywash system. This makes the process quicker because you dont have to wait for the water to settle down. I live in Palm Bay/Melbourne Florida. I plan on building a little building for the processor and outfitting one of my little trailers for hauling used vegetable oil. Gonna get some other local diesel buddies to chip in, cause I know they will be all over it when they see me fueling up at 60 cents a gallon.

add updates :-X0A6

empiretc 05-27-2008 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by floridadude (Post 6194648)
I know they will be all over it when they see me fueling up at 60 cents a gallon.

it won't be that cheap, but it will be a lot cheaper than diesel at the pump. without methanol recovery, i figure bio runs ~ $1.25/gallon

floridadude 05-28-2008 10:39 PM

2 dollars or less and I'll be pretty happy. :)

comp 05-28-2008 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by floridadude (Post 6204155)
2 dollars or less and I'll be pretty happy. :)

for used ?????