Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Projects (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum209/)
-   -   98 Ranger need ideas for customizing (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/739999-98-ranger-need-ideas-for-customizing.html)

Rocksetter 05-09-2008 09:05 AM

98 Ranger need ideas for customizing

I have a 98 ranger 2wd and would like to dress it up a little. The truck is in close to mint condition however the factory rims are not looking the greatest any more. it has a full fiber glass topper on it that looks nice have only
seen a couple like it. Forgot to mention its a step side or what ever there called these days.
Thanks John

Carlene 05-09-2008 09:57 AM

Hi John -

If you could post a picture or 2 of your truck in a user gallery, it would help. Kinda hard to give ideas on dressing something up if we don't know what it looks like now.

BTW, I love the step side's. :)

SuperSnake 05-09-2008 10:55 AM

I have seen Rangers done in two styles. One was a Pre Runner like they use out in the desert which looks great raised about 4 inches with big wheels and tires.

The other was lowered and there's a lot to do there.

I like a Ranger and thought if I got one I would put American Racing Torq Thrust wheels nice wide tires and leave it stock height and nice pinstripping.

Rocksetter 05-09-2008 02:56 PM

Old Tired Rebel you are spot on there. thats along the lines I was thinking never seen the rims I will Google them. As far as a pic goes will have to wait until my son is over I dont know how. The truck is white in color pin stripping would dress it up any color ideas? should have said I dont want to raise or lower. any one know where I can look at differant samples of stripping, I know a guy who can do any of them.

FTE Ken 05-12-2008 07:58 AM

Another thing to consider is seeing if you can find some new takeoff wheels for it. Lots companies specialize in new takeoffs and the deals are usually very good.

SuperSnake 05-12-2008 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Rocksetter (Post 6135644)
Old Tired Rebel you are spot on there. thats along the lines I was thinking never seen the rims I will Google them. As far as a pic goes will have to wait until my son is over I dont know how. The truck is white in color pin stripping would dress it up any color ideas? should have said I dont want to raise or lower. any one know where I can look at differant samples of stripping, I know a guy who can do any of them.

What color is your interior? Would be a good way to go or find a color that will contrast nicely and stripe it that way

Rocksetter 05-12-2008 10:03 AM

That was the question I asked in the ranger fourm but got no replies. I had a really nice set of 2002 ranger rims 17" wondered if they would fit. what other years will fit it. it has 15" rims now 17" would prob mess with the spedo dont know! That Is a Great Idea, new take offs, we have a late model salvage yard 5 min from here they only deal with cars and trucks less than 10 years old an most are less than 5 wrecks ect.
Thanks John

Rocksetter 05-12-2008 10:31 AM

blueish gray I amnot good with color, wife says I am blue green color blind.

SuperSnake 05-12-2008 05:40 PM

Ask your wife to pick a color.

Rocksetter 05-12-2008 07:53 PM

Wow, cant get the tears from laughng out of my eyes and key board long enough type! Good point.

Iman901 06-25-2008 09:28 PM

put a 302 in it with a 5spd.