Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Michigan Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum85/)
-   -   Event: Silver Lake Sand Dunes (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/738117-event-silver-lake-sand-dunes.html)

Talyn 05-03-2008 07:51 AM

Event: Silver Lake Sand Dunes

Alright. Were looking at a day and a half scheduled, possible 2 and one half day event at Silver Lake.

It's a great suggestion for us to go camping and play in the dunes, plus I have never been there.

Tim1 is working on some camping area for us currently.
So here is a tentative schedule for the time being.

Friday/Saturday

Camping Friday Night.
Play in dunes on Saturday.
Cookout on Saturday as well.
---
Leave Saturday night, and/or camp and leave Sunday.

Any of you church goers can attend church with Pastor Tim1.
Any of you who Golf, if there is enough golfers, can go golfing with me.

This makes for a full packed weekend. Some of you have sand rigs, and love to play in the dunes. Others like to camp and such, cook etc. I figure this event will be long enough where people will not feel rushed or short changed due to gas prices.

We will most likely need camping things like Grilles, and water and such brought with us. Possibly a Generator as well. Food of course, and hopefully Tim2 can bring some of that wonderful, cavity causing, pie he made last time. I had a sugar headache for an hour. (Thanks Tim2!!!!)

This wont be till about June area. So you have at least 2 months to save your pennies to make the trip, and make plans. I'm working with Tim1 to set up a date for a place to camp. I'm hoping that free camping will help encourage people to attend. I'd like to also state this as a family event. I am not sure about bringing young children however, but cannot say it's a bad thing? I'd like it to be more family event like, without any formalities. Unless you guys all want to vote differently.

Thats it for now.
Next will be a date.
All I need to know is how many of you Golf, and would like to golf on Sunday.

77f150got_sand 05-04-2008 07:30 AM

Sounds good to me. I don't golf though, I will be on the dunes every day.

bigredtruckmi 05-04-2008 04:25 PM

We're saving our pennies for an upcoming wedding in southern Texas. pulling trailer. Just fuel cost is about $1200. Then reception up here at our house so will be extremely busy. Sorry guys.

Toyman 05-04-2008 06:59 PM

Can't say yeh or neh until you settle on a date. I do golf, so if the dates work I/we (the better half) would be in on the golf too.

Hopefully I can make this work out, I would really like to go.

Toyman

Talyn 05-05-2008 04:42 PM

lookin good already!

bbender85 05-06-2008 03:03 PM

pretty good chance i'll be there anyways, so i'm probably in.

Talyn 05-06-2008 07:07 PM

Guys, make sure you bug TJBeggs about this event. =)

Toyman 05-09-2008 04:14 PM

Any dates yet?

Toyman

Talyn 05-10-2008 09:59 AM

Tim1 is slacking on me.

I cannot rag on him to hard though. He is currently moving. So. *shrugs*

It will be in June though, for sure.

Toyman 05-11-2008 03:15 PM

I'll keep watching.

Toyman

390428cjt 05-12-2008 09:30 AM

Well it sounds like fun wont do golf of run the dunes but everything else is possible might even bring my old girl fuel will be a B%^^&h but driving it is always a pleasure. on the pavement only

Talyn 05-14-2008 08:42 PM

Well, we ended up with no free camping.

So, we have to make a decision if we want to do this event still, or put it off till early fall.

Camping is probably all booked up for over there.
Perhaps we should go canoeing instead for now?

77f150got_sand 05-14-2008 08:56 PM

There will still be plenty of camping available, just pick an off peak weekend (not Memorial, 4th of July, or Labor day) and we will have plenty of options for camping.
My suggestion would be:
Hideaway Campground, family camping at the Silver Lake Sand Dunes
Its got really nice, clean facilities and lots of shade.
There are several other campgrounds in the area too if someone has other preferences.

Talyn 05-15-2008 08:43 AM

Yea, that was our discussion over the phone.

I didn't really plan this event till around the end of June, was where I was looking for. I figured people would have a bit of time. But, I also figured we would have some free camping available.

An August trip actually sounds better, to me at least. Thats why I'm trying to get this setup.
I would definatly like to go canoing this summer as well, at least a time or 2.

tjbeggs 06-04-2008 12:11 PM

Hey guys, Sorry the free camping ain't gonna work like William said, but as stated other camp grounds will be available. Memorial weekend which is normally insane here was pretty quiet this year. still a line at the dunes but there were many open sites at the camp grounds. Fuel prices are the biggest issue!! I haven't hit the dunes yet this year so I can't say how they look. I noticed over the winter somebody stole my flag from outside my garage so once I get my stickers and a new flag I will go up and see how things look.

If we can make this happen we have plenty at our disposal. Also for broken trucks we will have a shop available. Parts who know but we will have a shop!

William I say we choose a date even if it gets into July. Set a date then see what happens. Even if we just have a few people or even a few for one day it will still be a good time!