Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tennessee Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum95/)
-   -   Alright - I say we pick a place that don't get over run. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/736414-alright-i-say-we-pick-a-place-that-dont-get-over-run.html)

Greywolf 04-27-2008 10:22 PM

Alright - I say we pick a place that don't get over run.

I know of one that used to be on a military base - they have boats to rent and it don't get booked overnight.

We can barbeque all day, and I can get beef and brats from the exchange tax free.

And it most definitely don't git over-ran, and is a place you can bring your kids and your DOG.

Used to be called NAVY LAKE, and right up around Millington. Damn sure won't be booked before us. I used to go there a lot, it's a backwater now.

Open to the public, but unknown.

Let's plan this better, and have a lot of fun.

BESIDES! You can't get lost on the way to it.

Greywolf 04-28-2008 05:59 PM

I see some eyes on this - if we/I know there's some interest ahead of time I can marinate some beef to bring, they have barbeques but I might just bring mine. The commissary is tax free for old timers like me, We can do a COMM run after we all get there, and pick up cokes, buns, paper plates, and all the rest once we see how many we are.

Got a fair sized parking lot at the place - but still not so big we can't find eachother!

WUTCHASAY????

It's a fine little ole hole in the wall, and if the same ole bunch of us show up I vote we call ourselves "The Hole in the Wall Gang"

I like out of the way places that haven't been spoiled, and this is one of them. Most people don't know about it - you kinda have to go there the first time to appreciate it.

Fifty4F100 04-29-2008 04:55 AM

I was of the opinion that us civilians weren't allowed on the base these days.

Greywolf 04-30-2008 06:58 PM

If I'm not mistaken - NAVY LAKE is not technically on the base anymore. Even if it is - ain't no guard posts out that way, half the local area plays on the golf course, and I can always claim I sponsor everybody. Besides, I ain't the only retired guy among us... ;)

~Wolfie

B-61 Bulldog 05-01-2008 04:32 PM

ya its on the north side of what WAS the base (side that was give to millington) & there are NO GAURD SHACKS THERE

ya can come Off the navy rd side or off the Bethel road side ;)

Still w/o out a ride fer now but ....ick im looking @ a gmc fer now but fer the price cant beat it ($500.00) buddy of mine owns it & still in good shape & this is "my price" & it beats walking or depending on my friends or family for a ride ;) will have another FORD Thats fer sure ;)

later yall

bulldog

Greywolf 05-02-2008 02:48 PM

HELLS BELLS BULLDOG!!!

You're right on the way to it - if WE GOT TO WE'LL COME GITCHA!!!!

If you looking for a Ranger I'll keep my eyes peeled for ya.

HEY what do Y'all say? We got to bring B-61 Bulldog with us.....

I can't issue an order like I once could do in the NAVY, but I want everybody looking for a $500 ride with a blue oval on it THAT IS A TRUCK for BULLDOG. Cain't do no less for a long time friend...

Who wants to be in on this'n???

I've got a 2.9 Ranger V6 in my driveway on a truck I'm stripping that s'posedly runs, with a trans behind it that I will donate to the cause.

I REPEAT:

DONATE

Come he'p rip it out, it's free.

I ain't fixin' to use it fer nuthin'...

But I heard it used to boil tires.

PS: Hey Bulldog - do me a favor and allow PM's to ya. E-Mail sux....
(Besides, I almost never go look at my email anymore)