Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nebraska Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum176/)
-   -   June/July G2G???? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/734961-june-july-g2g.html)

jseim44 04-23-2008 02:45 PM

June/July G2G????

Well guys,
Pat mentioned something in the lastest PM about this and me being the good outstanding chapter member that I am (more like bored chapter member) I thought I'd start a thread and get some ideas rolling for this. Kenny & I will both be in Columbus working for NE Machinery (I think that shop is doomed....) so we'll both be closer to the general population of the chapter. Let's figure something out!!!

-Jake

The_SnowMan710 04-23-2008 04:43 PM

well, looks to me 2 things need to be decided. time and place. sooooo i guess, some people need to input when they'd like to meet and suggestions on where. personally, i'm good for anytime (weekend prefered) any place. sooooooo any other takers?

67nukeford 04-23-2008 06:25 PM

Pretty much have to be a saturday or sunday. I'll be on vacation June 25th to July 3rd, otherwise I'm pretty much open to anything!

ElwoodMurphy 04-24-2008 09:20 PM

I'm open, for any Saturday or Sunday.

The_SnowMan710 04-24-2008 10:51 PM

i'm pretty sure that weekends are probably the best way to go...any thoughts on where we should have it? do u guys think that having it in the eastern part worked good or does anyone think that we should move it a bit to the west to help out the guys out there?

67nukeford 04-24-2008 10:53 PM

Well, I guess location would kind of depend on who would be coming, but I certainly don't want to shut out the guys in the central/western Nebraska. I know that's quite a drive for you Kenny.

The_SnowMan710 04-24-2008 10:56 PM

it won't be so bad for myself in the summer b/c i'll be in columbus w/ jake so we could probably carpool or something, but there are other guys out here (i think) that might not want to drive sooo far, i'd assume anyway...but i guess we'll need their input for that, eh? so how many guys do we have in the chapter from the central/western halves of the state?

67nukeford 04-24-2008 10:58 PM

I need to get map and kind of plot where everyone is at. Like you said, though, if they don't chime up, and be a little active, it's kind of hard to consider them.

67nukeford 04-24-2008 11:03 PM

I did have a thought, of instead of having it at a bar (which about killed me with the smoke!) would be to have it at a state park, a lake, or something along those lines. Maybe have a bbq, or something. Have to be a nice day, but we could always plan for a rain day also. Just my .02.

The_SnowMan710 04-28-2008 11:27 PM

ya i would imagine that would b a better idea, it was kinda crowded in that bar too, but there are worse things, right?

67nukeford 04-28-2008 11:59 PM

Yeah, and no place to park the trucks together for some pics.

jseim44 04-29-2008 12:17 PM

Well, I'm not sure what I was thinking cause Kearney Cruise Night is in July, but maybe we could plan something for late May/early June and then have something at cruise night for us "westerners"......

-Jake

67nukeford 04-29-2008 06:26 PM

Well, if it's okay with George, and I definitively don't want to impose here, but if he's okay with it, maybe we could meet at his place in Kearney. I know Rob is going. I'm going to check on hotels tonight (since I've talked the wifey into it WooHoo!).

iwillflybyu 04-29-2008 09:29 PM

I'll be at cruise night this year for sure, no ifs ands or butts about it. Guess I'll have to drive my psd since my 58 has a long ways to go. Other than that I have started racing last weekend and plan to be at the track every sunday night and a handful of Saturday nights too, so maybe just plan a date and I will see if I can make it or not. I have no ideas as of were tho.

gquinn8516 04-29-2008 09:49 PM

If you boys want to gather at my place that would be fine. We have a little get together on the Saturday evening of Cruise night at my house. There is food, its close to downtown and you can bring your own drink. Of course if your not of age be careful because I have quite a few friends that work for the Sheriff's Dept and Kearney Police Dept. that will be there. Of course you will also have to listen to all my friends drone on about their "rides".