Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Transit Connect (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum228/)
-   -   Transit Connect On Ford Site / Getting On Board II (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/732828-transit-connect-on-ford-site-getting-on-board-ii.html)

khadma 04-17-2008 04:09 AM

Transit Connect On Ford Site / Getting On Board II

I have been considering looking for a high mileage and greener commuter truck/vehicle recently.
Although my 1988Mazda B2200 is pretty good on fuel consumption, it is not really efficient by today's standards. This truck is far from being "green".

I noticed this truck on the Ford site, and this might be the commuter truck I have been looking for.

The only thing that might be missing is a high mileage (bio)diesel engine, a hydrogen powerplant or of course a hybrid powerplant.

I do not need a rocketship on wheels, just a vehicle that keeps my tools secure and dry. I do want to get as "green" as possible, and this might be a start for me.

Will the Transit Connect have it's own forum on FTE? I bet it will be a growing interest as fuel prices get higher.

FORD TRANSIT CONNECT
Ford Vehicles: Ford Transit Connect - Commercial Truck

Lazy K 04-19-2008 12:16 PM

If you want to have a look at the European Ford Transit go to ford.co.uk

khadma 04-19-2008 12:25 PM

I wonder is the goofball salespeople here know what a Transit is?
I want to go to a dealer and inquire about the arrival time of the Transits to local lots.

jimandmandy 04-21-2008 10:36 AM

If they market it the way Dodge marketed the Sprint, only a few dealers will be allowed to sell and service it. Dodge considers the Sprint a true commercial fleet truck. Ford may do the same. That way you will not have to deal with idiot retail car salespeople. When I looked at the Sprint, I got the much better sales treatment from the fleet department.

Jim

khadma 04-21-2008 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by jimandmandy (Post 6065777)
If they market it the way Dodge marketed the Sprint, only a few dealers will be allowed to sell and service it. Dodge considers the Sprint a true commercial fleet truck. Ford may do the same. That way you will not have to deal with idiot retail car salespeople. When I looked at the Sprint, I got the much better sales treatment from the fleet department.

Jim

You maybe correct, I did not look at if from that aspect. Do you think they will sell it to the average person? OR does money talk.

I sure hope these things are not priced like a showroom new ranger. Some strippers here sell in the 20s and the get you to the dealer ones are in the usual 14s.

I'd rather spend money on a new car/truck than pay at the pumps. I had a different thinking not too long ago. I bet many drivers are thinking the same thing. Watch hybrid and small car sales climb.

jimandmandy 04-22-2008 03:24 PM

What's the price of diesel vs gasoline on your island? Right now diesel is still a little above premium unleaded, but it does typically reverse in summer.

Jim

khadma 04-23-2008 03:29 AM

Reg unleaded - today 3.61 and 9/10
Diesel not sure - 4.40 or so, I'll check and post the answer.

NumberDummy 04-23-2008 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by khadma (Post 6068866)
I sure hope these things are not priced like a showroom new ranger. Some strippers here sell in the 20s and the get you to the dealer ones are in the usual 14s.

Last Sunday's LA Times ads from three local dealers:

2008 Ranger Regular Cab 2.3L w/A/C $11,998

2008 Ranger Super Cab 2.3L w/A/C $13,998

Somone told me recently that Matson Lines ships cargo from San Pedro/Long Beach to Hawai'i. :)

I filled up today (Chevron), and...Regular 87 = $3.79 / "Plus" 89 = $3.93 / "Hi Test" 93 = $4.07 :-(

Chevron gas prices in 1965: Regular = 25 cents / Supreme = 29 cents / Custom Supreme = 33 cents (105 octane)