Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Hampshire Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum158/)
-   -   registering a used truck in Connecticut (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/731929-registering-a-used-truck-in-connecticut.html)

hatchet 04-14-2008 05:11 PM

registering a used truck in Connecticut

hey i may buy a used truck from a guy whos a dealer..what do i need when i register the truck?...the title and a bill of sale and insurance??..my old truck i sold had a bill of sale that you cut off on the bottom of the registration i filled it out and gave it to the the guy who bought the truck with the title..reason i ask is the guy has a dealer plate on the truck doesnt that mean he doesnt have a registration with the bill of sale thing of the bottom?i just dont wanna buy it and run into a problem at dmv.thanks any info will help.

BIGKEN 04-14-2008 06:23 PM

Most dealerships will complete all the paperwork that you need. At the dealership I work for...we send runners to do the registration for you...including out of state...CT/VT...etc.

hatchet 04-15-2008 02:07 PM

well this is the odd part it has a dealer plate on it but hes selling it at his house and he said i would have to register it not sure why hes selling it at his house he said he sells cars part time on the side.but since he has a dealer plate would he still have the registration for the truck?or no?

dzlpwr 04-16-2008 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by BIGKEN (Post 6039022)
Most dealerships will complete all the paperwork that you need. At the dealership I work for...we send runners to do the registration for you...including out of state...CT/VT...etc.

Thats good to know.:-X0A6Thats what Sarat did when I got my 05 from them that took 5 months or come in.

BIGKEN 04-16-2008 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by hatchet (Post 6042814)
well this is the odd part it has a dealer plate on it but hes selling it at his house and he said i would have to register it not sure why hes selling it at his house he said he sells cars part time on the side.but since he has a dealer plate would he still have the registration for the truck?or no?

That's bizarre...perhaps he's using the Dealer Plate to sell some stuff that is not owned by the dealership. This is probably a violation of the law...and...at the very least...a violation of his companies policy. At any dealer I've worked...this is a fireing offense. You don't need a registration to sell a vehicle...but...you do need the title.

shortbed7.3 04-16-2008 07:49 PM

what dealership does he work for? if he wont tell you, the sirens should be goin off in your head.if he's legit,he has nothin to hide

hatchet 04-17-2008 09:20 PM

i asked him where his dealership is and he told me hes got a full time job working for some other place not selling cars but he gets cars for people i didnt understand that at all.I told the guy i didnt want to buy the truck something was not right at all.but my buddy told me if hes got a dealer plate he has to have a used car dealership someplace.maybe he was selling it at his house to save on taxes?i dont know but i didnt buy it for that reason it was just strange.

hatchet 04-17-2008 09:22 PM

I dont know here in CT you need the title and the bill of sale to register a car the bill of sale is on the bottom of the registration. and insurance of course.I called dmv this is what they told me.