Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum28/)
-   -   What have you done to your truck today? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/730516-what-have-you-done-to-your-truck-today.html)

Willigaf 03-05-2017 03:08 PM

Made out pretty good at the pick and pull today. Chevrolesque Saginaw pump off a 5.8 96 or 97 Econoline, with the bracket, pulley, both hoses still attached, and A/C delete bracket/pulley. And from a 94 Bronco, hvac control panel/vacuum harness/blend door cable and heater core cover. All for $20. Still can't post pics cause I suck at technology. But, great afternoon.

Glenn54 03-05-2017 07:31 PM

Those look great. What kind of fasteners did you use?

Originally Posted by sandymane (Post 17003637)

stak 03-05-2017 07:56 PM

i replaced the R brake caliper / pads / brake spring clips / installed new caliper pins on the L side / installed new battery terminals / and replaced a defective fan clutch. also did some undercoating.

Stephen Freeman 03-11-2017 05:31 PM

A few little things

Replaced the drive belt, cleaned up the headlights- still a bit yellowed, but I'll keep at em after the rain settles, fixed the column shifter since it wasn't staying in park and readjusted the linkage showing what gear the truck is in.

rangernut09011980 03-11-2017 09:09 PM

5th wheel

Wasn't today but rather tuesday....I repaired my old rbw 5th wheel and set up my truck to go get the FREE 35FT 1981 Kountry Aire 5th wheel rv that I found on Craigslist. Turns out the trailer was an old Indiana State Police Mobile Command Center.... didn't really look it over when I picked it up on Wednesday but did a bit when I got home....opened the generator bay and found A NEARLY NEW ONAN 6.5 GENSET it appears due to the ISP tag on it that ISP had the generator replaced shortly before disposing (selling) the trailer.....SCORE!!!!!

rcaircraftnut 03-12-2017 11:23 AM

Installing a new Pioneer deck and speakers in the 89 F250 as its a bit chilly out so I'm working in the cab. Haha. After that I will be doing a basic tune up parts replacement and an oil change. Getting her ready to be a daily driver again afyer the last owner let her sit neglected for the last 7 plus years.
In the last couple weeks I have replaced the rear fuel tank, fuel filter, tires, seat, steering wheel, ignition switch, cleaned up the mess of wiring for the gooseneck hitch that is going away, I prefer 5th wheel and correctly done wiring, deep cleaned the interior, replaced the battery, replaced the alternator, removed the old rusted solid wiper motor and ordered a new one. I hope I didnt miss anything haha.

SouthernBlues 03-12-2017 12:43 PM

Started to install my Rock Lights, got the front done

ichabod40 03-14-2017 10:36 PM

Decided to change the gear oil in the rear diff. It hasn't been done since I've owned the truck and I've put 20-25k miles on it. Glad I did because it was NASTY, had a nice chocolaty brown color and slightly burned smell. Also, how worried should I be about some pitting on the drive face of the gears?

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...4570064728.jpg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...77c0ebb50b.jpg

big-ugly 03-15-2017 09:42 AM

If it's just a daily driver, I wouldn't be worried at all. I would just clean the crap out of it with brake cleaner and button it back up. It was working fine for the last 20-25k miles, I'm betting it will go a few more ;)

Willigaf 03-22-2017 08:09 PM

Gathered some parts this week at the pick and pull. For more of my knuckles than my cash, I pulled the heads and intake from a 97 Explorer. And somebody left a 5.0 truck upper just sitting there in a full size a few rows over, so I grabbed that as well. Saturday I plan to go back and get the lifter valley spider and some puppy treats off a roller motor in order to upgrade the 93 5.8 in my garage. (someday)

Willigaf 03-22-2017 08:12 PM

There's a whole nother mountaineer as yet untouched and I'm wondering if I should spend the time and the 50 bucks for a 2nd top end. I figure I'll be able to sell the upper and lower intakes with injectors and elbows for better than my all in cost.

SouthernBlues 03-23-2017 06:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by SouthernBlues (Post 17025940)
Started to install my Rock Lights, got the front done

Attachment 195090

Willigaf 04-02-2017 11:05 PM

Been trolling a few pick and pulls and Craigslist. I went back to my regular yard yesterday and someone had removed the intake from the 5.0 Mountaineer I mentioned a few posts up. They went ahead and loosened up some other stuff too so I think they had planned to come back for the heads. Too bad I showed up first. 2nd set of p heads in the back of the Hyundai.

And for $30 last week I bought new but Chinese grill and light surrounds, and the guy said there's some extra lights in here if you want em. I sure did. New signals and markers, and all but new headlights.

Today I flushed my power steering somewhat and refilled with type F sauce. I say somewhat because there was no way I could turn my wheel in the time it took the low pressure line to dump everything into a well positioned tea jug, while cranking the engine. It was so easy I'll drive a bit and flush again before switching out the pump for the Saginaw I found with bracket and pulley for $10.

Also had some hard starting after washing the engine bay. Knew the cap and rotor were corroded but opened the cap to find a bunch of moisture inside. Washed engine early last week and it rained but I never drove it, only started it to dry after the wash. Found an old cap and rotor in my toolbox, emeried all the brass, plugged her in and done. Started right up. New cap feels tighter but not, tight. Rocks a little back and forth. Just less than the old one.

Anyone recommend a cap that fits pretty tight with no rocking?

Grems4ever 04-03-2017 08:40 PM

Started blowing the fuse to the back up lights & turn signals last week. Sunday I rolled it up on ramps to check the back up light wiring and discovered that the wiring came loose and was laying on the header collector. Repaired the melted wiring, tied the wiring back up, and all is well.

stak 04-03-2017 09:00 PM

Sunday i started prepping a set of fenders and core support. i Bought them last year in Alabama. they are rust free OEM parts and no dents or filler. prepping them for paint and install. my core support is rotted out at the mounts. my fenders are better than most for Ohio but still have some rust and filler.