Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   British Columbia (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum165/)
-   -   Best town in BC? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/729477-best-town-in-bc.html)

highboy250 04-08-2008 02:14 AM

Best town in BC?

Ok, this should be interesting mwahaha. What is the best TOWN (not city) to live in in BC???

Partially posted this because I'm gonna be moving next year, whatever town I like the best. Buuuut, I just thought this'd be fun!

Zip 04-08-2008 02:27 AM

Ok here is mine, maybe not the best but one I like. Grand Forks BC. We lived in the area for just over a year. Fell in love with it with my first drive down the main street, which is also the main hiway.

warriormama 04-08-2008 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Zip (Post 6010601)
Ok here is mine, maybe not the best but one I like. Grand Forks BC. We lived in the area for just over a year. Fell in love with it with my first drive down the main street, which is also the main hiway.

Are you freaking crazy???????????Trust me you don't want to live there.........I would have to pick Summerland. I have never lived there personally but have relatives there....beautiful place and close to Penticton and Kelowna for shopping, doctors, etc......

Secret Agent 069 04-08-2008 10:29 AM

VANCOUVER

}>}>}> }> }> }> }> }>
}>}> }> }> }> }> }>
}> }> }> }> }>

Mitch

Zip 04-08-2008 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by warriormama (Post 6010903)
Are you freaking crazy???????????Trust me you don't want to live there.........I would have to pick Summerland. I have never lived there personally but have relatives there....beautiful place and close to Penticton and Kelowna for shopping, doctors, etc......

Bah. I loved Grand Forks. Okanagan is a gong show in the summer.

sedly 04-08-2008 10:49 AM

That's a tough one.
It look's like I will be finding out what it will be like to live in the Cranbrook area.

warriormama 04-08-2008 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by sedly (Post 6011492)
That's a tough one.
It look's like I will be finding out what it will be like to live in the Cranbrook area.

So you are moving then? Good luck with that.....:-X05

R031Kona 04-08-2008 11:19 AM

Salmon Arm , not to big lush climate ,big lake hour away from bigger towns...

Mr. Fixit 04-08-2008 11:26 AM

What about Nelson? I've never lived there but it always seems like a great place - lots of aging hippies and I always hope to see naked Doukabours(sp?) protesting outside the court house. Fishing in the lake is good and there are hot springs nearby
Last time we were there, found my old '74 Volvo I sold to a Nelsonite 22 years ago parked on the main street! There's always lots of Ford pickups about also, so it should be OK!

preppypyro 04-08-2008 11:28 AM

Well mthe best town used to be agassiz, but since I moved, I guess its not so great anymore haha.

It used to be not bad there though, relatively quiet(for BC) and close to harrison hot springs and harrison lake.

warriormama 04-08-2008 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Fixit (Post 6011609)
What about Nelson? I've never lived there but it always seems like a great place - lots of aging hippies and I always hope to see naked Doukabours(sp?) protesting outside the court house. Fishing in the lake is good and there are hot springs nearby
Last time we were there, found my old '74 Volvo I sold to a Nelsonite 22 years ago parked on the main street! There's always lots of Ford pickups about also, so it should be OK!

Nelson was okay in the summer but the winters not so great because every where you want to go you are either go up or down quite a steep hill.....

sedly 04-08-2008 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by warriormama (Post 6011573)
So you are moving then? Good luck with that.....:-X05

Yup,I put in for a transfer last night. So it's up in the air as to when I will be able to go.

Zip 04-08-2008 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by sedly (Post 6011492)
That's a tough one.

Quite a nice area from what I remember.

highboy250 04-08-2008 03:55 PM

hahaha, well Vancouver's the last place in BC I'd live!!! :-X18 I'm a small town boy. And I've lived around hippies too much for my liking (I just moved back from Quadra Island). haha

Summerland is one of the places I've been looking at. Near Penticton too, which I've heard is nice. To be honest, I haven't really haven't been around BC though.

Zip 04-08-2008 04:23 PM

It's nice but very busy in the summer. Penticton isn't too bad. Kelowna is a zoo if you're not used to all the traffic. Weather is nice in all three spots. Mild winters and hot summers.