Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   West Virginia Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum134/)
-   -   New software (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/726603-new-software.html)

Dave Sponaugle 03-31-2008 08:19 PM

New software

Has anyone notice the new software the site is running on?

Anyone had problems?

5_labsownus 04-02-2008 07:44 PM

Yes, I can't access the site from home now. It started about a week ago but I can get on from anywhere else. I get a DNS_Server_Failure and have looked all over the net for a fix. Contacted my ISP without a fix and FTE has not helped so far.
I am at work tonight and catching up while I can.
This is the only site I have found I can't get on!

Rod

msgtg 04-03-2008 05:17 AM

Hmmmm, that's odd. I noticed the new wrappers but outside of the "Join the Chapter" links not working, everything else has been hunky dory.

Anyone else having problems?

Joe

Archion 04-03-2008 10:51 AM

DNS FAILURE, it is the ISP's dns servers not translating the name to ip, sometimes it takes a whilre for them to update, or your dns cache may need to be flushed, sometimes it gets so much crap in ther it gets clogged, especially if it cahed a bad entry. I do this on a bi-weekly basis at home.

Open up a command window and type this in:

C:\>ipconfig /flushdns

It should read this back to you:

"Windows IP Configuration

Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache."

after that close the command window, resart IE and give it a shot.

msgtg 04-03-2008 02:31 PM

Yeah....what Matt said! LMAO!!!!

Joe

Archion 04-03-2008 09:34 PM

Yeah, I'm a nerd on the side... I only have 5 computers here, 3 Windows, 1 Mac and 1 linux server...

EDIT: oops, forgot about the Solaris server in the garage, that makes 6...

5_labsownus 04-04-2008 09:39 AM

Archion, I did that on my vista system and it did not understand the command! I need to try it on one of the 2 XP systems.
By the way I found a person on a computer tech forum that is having the same problem!

Anyother ideas?

I talked to the ISP "wildblue" and they were on the phone with me for about an hour. They said it must be a problem with FTE because " if I had a DNS Server problem with them I could not get on the internet at all".

Dave Sponaugle 04-04-2008 05:13 PM

Not sure how or where you get rid of all your internet temp files and history in Vista, but that would be a good place to start.

Not sure what to think about Vista yet, I just bought a new laptop and I specified Windows XP Pro as the operating system.

gnwalker 04-06-2008 10:25 AM

Every time I leave the site it logs me out, I preffered to stay logged in all the time

Dave Sponaugle 04-06-2008 01:39 PM

Do you have the "remember me" box checked when you log in?

And do you have cookies enabled on your computer?

If you have the remember me box checked when you log in, you should automatically log in everytime you log on.
FTE uses cookies to do that.

Also if you clean out the internet cookies and temp files, the cookie that remembers you will be deleted, so you will have to log in after deleting cookies.

Notice all internet sites visited that require a log in, will forget who you are when you clean the internet clutter off your computer.

You don't want to know how many computers I have, I don't want to know.
There are only 9 in this room....edit 10 in this room.

msgtg 04-07-2008 04:39 AM

Yeah, after I had to enter the un/pw for the second or third time, I finally remembered to use the "remember me" box. Boy am I getting lazy in my old age!

Joe

gnwalker 04-07-2008 10:08 AM

Thanks, I cant believe I missed the remember me box. I feel like an idiot now :-banghead

msgtg 04-07-2008 01:32 PM

Join da club Pal!

LMFAO!

Joe

Dave Sponaugle 04-10-2008 07:44 PM

Rod, I just got a PM from another Wildblue user having FTE connection problems.
I have posted a comment in the Site operations forum and will let you know what is going on when I hear something.

msgtg 04-10-2008 08:25 PM

I've got Hughes or whatever the heck it is now...and I'm not having any problems.

Joe