Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alabama Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum145/)
-   -   is anyone from the Montgomery / Platsville area?? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/726031-is-anyone-from-the-montgomery-platsville-area.html)

tjc transport 03-30-2008 10:38 AM

is anyone from the Montgomery / Platsville area??

as the title says, is anyone here from the montgomery/plattsville area??

bdrummonds 03-30-2008 12:03 PM

Right here TJC. Millbrook and Prattville are sister cities, Iow ones on the left of I-65, and the other is on the right depending on direction.

Whats up? need help?

tjc transport 03-30-2008 12:28 PM

can you stop over to the country barbeque on highway 31 and ask for missy, and tell her the ring leader of the truckers that stopped there on friday afternoon said the best part of the whole dang trip was stopping there, and getting served the best food by the nicest people i have ever met??

i flew into Montgomery on friday morning with 5 other guys on 2 hours notice to pick up 6 trucks from Ron Wood auctions, and drive them home friday and saturday.

and the only good part of the whole ordeal was missy and the fantastic food.

Tom

bdrummonds 03-31-2008 04:50 PM

That is good to know. Countrys BBQ is one of my customers. I sold them some of the food that they fixed for you and your guys. I will print this out and give it to the owner, and have him give Missy a pat on the back.

Hope you had a safe trip.

tjc transport 03-31-2008 05:05 PM

yea, we got home safe and sound, except for the very sore back today, and the uncontrolable urge to kill one of the guys for beind a stupid thorn in my side for 1,000 miles.

FTE/PARTS-GUY 03-31-2008 06:09 PM

My brother lives in Trenton, is that anywhere near there? If it is please go over there and give him a smack up side the head. LOL

Ed

tjc transport 03-31-2008 08:07 PM

which trenton Ed??
trenton Alabama, or trenton New Jersey?

trenton Alabama is about 100 miles north of Brandon.
trenton New Jersey is about 70 miles south of me.

bdrummonds 03-31-2008 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by tjc transport (Post 5976624)
which trenton Ed??

Tell you what Tom, you slap anybody up there that looks like ED and Ill do the same down here. One of us has the odds on his side.

FTE/PARTS-GUY 04-01-2008 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by tjc transport (Post 5976624)
which trenton Ed??

Jersey!

isn't that where you are at? or did I just butt the hell in?

:confused: my bad if we are not talking Jersy!

Ed

FTE/PARTS-GUY 04-01-2008 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by bdrummonds (Post 5976770)
Tell you what Tom, you slap anybody up there that looks like ED and Ill do the same down here. One of us has the odds on his side.

LOL :-drink

tjc transport 04-01-2008 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by bdrummonds (Post 5976770)

ain't no way in hell that is gonna happen.
Trenton is our state capital, and there are way to many thick headed political types there!! :-hair
and there ain't no way i will risk hurting my hand on a political type thickheaded butthole.:-D

tin-man 10-17-2008 08:19 AM

Good Morning Ala, I was in Salem but moved. Have ya'll got your Bass Pro Shop yet? When you do I will come see you.

bdrummonds 10-17-2008 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by tin-man (Post 6657446)
Good Morning Ala, I was in Salem but moved. Have ya'll got your Bass Pro Shop yet? When you do I will come see you.

Prattville Bass Pro has now been open for a year. VERY nice store, it reminds me of the original Springfield MO store.

tin-man 10-17-2008 05:32 PM

Thanks Brandon, I knew it was suppose to open but did'nt know when. I am having to go on the other side of Atl. now. I heard it was going to be nice.

modularF100 06-13-2009 11:32 PM

Prattville Country's is the ONLY one in Alabama I ain't been to. Best damned sweet tea around, IMO.