Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1997 - 2003 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum25/)
-   -   Rear seat belt buckles? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/725281-rear-seat-belt-buckles.html)

jgoose 03-28-2008 10:00 AM

Rear seat belt buckles?

What can you guys tell me about the rear seat belt buckles. I need to replace two of the female end buckles. Haven't had too much luck looking online to find something that will work. The dealer wants about 40$ each, but i'm not sure if that was just for the female end or a complete seat belt system.

Is that a normal problem with the '01 screw when you fold the seats down? It was like that when i bought it.

GETDOWN!!! 03-28-2008 03:48 PM

i have this problem in my truck. the middle seat belt is busted. ONLY the female part though. the red piece, the piece that you push in to release the male insert, is missing. i took my truck over to the dealer and bought the part for $50. you can buy the female part seperate. all you need to do is take the back seat out because the female buckle is held down by the seats. so yeah, the whole female piece needs to be replaced if its busted or missing the red piece like mine. once you have the chair out, you line it up witht he bracket on the chair and then its screwed into the floor. dealer estimated it would take 3 hours to do casue the "seat has to be removed." when it comes down to it, theres only 1 screw to the female seatbelt and thats it. your done. getting the chair out is the hard part. gotta have special sockets. there not like a philips or flat head. checkit out and you will see what im talkiong about. hope this helped somewhat.

FTE/PARTS-GUY 03-28-2008 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by jgoose
What can you guys tell me about the rear seat belt buckles. I need to replace two of the female end buckles. Haven't had too much luck looking online to find something that will work. The dealer wants about 40$ each, but i'm not sure if that was just for the female end or a complete seat belt system.

Is that a normal problem with the '01 screw when you fold the seats down? It was like that when i bought it.

visit my site send me your vin, i'll look them up and send you then link(s) to parts. We will see if we can save you a few bucks.

<br>
Ed

Gumbyagain 04-25-2008 03:45 PM

I don't normally endorse sponsors, but this one deserves it!!

:-banghead

I worked the better part of an afternoon with 2 local Ford dealers trying to locate the buckles on both front & rear for my Screw. Ed was only guy to come up with the part numbers for me & even walk me through the process to order them. $57 bucks for 2 buckles!!!! & Shipping was low. Like $9.5, When I called the closest dealer & gave him the part numbers that Ed had given me he gave me $38 & $42. PLUS TAX.

I know who I will be calling on when ever i need more parts!!

FTE/PARTS-GUY 04-25-2008 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Gumbyagain (Post 6083515)
:-banghead

I worked the better part of an afternoon with 2 local Ford dealers trying to locate the buckles on both front & rear for my Screw. Ed was only guy to come up with the part numbers for me & even walk me through the process to order them. $57 bucks for 2 buckles!!!! & Shipping was low. Like $9.5, When I called the closest dealer & gave him the part numbers that Ed had given me he gave me $38 & $42. PLUS TAX.

I know who I will be calling on when ever i need more parts!!

it was nothing, thanks for the order!

Ed

Gumbyagain 05-05-2008 03:14 PM

A follow up. Just got my buckles in UPS & installed both in less than 10 minutes. Both match perfectly & I did not have to remove rear seat!!!!

Another BIG THANK YOU to ED!!!!

FTE/PARTS-GUY 05-06-2008 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Gumbyagain (Post 6119621)
A follow up. Just got my buckles in UPS & installed both in less than 10 minutes. Both match perfectly & I did not have to remove rear seat!!!!

Another BIG THANK YOU to ED!!!!

you are very welcome!

Ed

Rannelator 12-14-2011 09:41 AM

2001 Screw back seat belt buckles

Originally Posted by FTE/PARTS-GUY (Post 6083621)

Ed

What is the part number? I didn't see a link to your site. The middle buckle in my truck is broken and I want to replace it. Sounds like you can help.

kdecedue 01-27-2012 01:04 PM

2001 F150 rear seatbets

Does anyone have a part number or contact for the female end of the rear seatblets for the 97-03 F150? Lookingfor the female end (red button) part that clicks and unlocks the seatbelt. 2 of the 3 of mine are busted: the middle and passenger rear side belts?

DrummersWife 03-10-2012 02:37 AM

Help!!

Originally Posted by FTE/PARTS-GUY (Post 6083621)

Ed

Is someone still around to help me find replacement female portion latches for the back passenger side and center seat belts? The hubby's car is in desperate need.

HciDiana@aol.com

LuvMy2003F150 02-23-2014 04:47 PM

Rear seat belt buckles

I, too, am looking for two rear seat belt buckles. For my 2003 F-150 King Ranch. Rear seat is 60%/40% split bench. Both buckles are located where the two seats split. One is the buckle for the right-hand (40% bench) seat. The other is the buckle for the center seat.

Thanks to all.

mcgrathbunch 08-04-2014 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by FTE/PARTS-GUY (Post 5961476)
visit my site send me your vin, i'll look them up and send you then link(s) to parts. We will see if we can save you a few bucks.

<br>
Ed

Ed, I hope you are still around and into helping out people. I have just basic experience with tools and am trying to make repairs to our family vehicle. I have a 2002 Ford Expedition with a broken (female end) seat belt buckle grey. I have removed the torx bolt and need to figure out how to remove the buckle without damaging the seat. Then I need to get another one. It is the 2nd row right behind drivers seat. VIN number is 1FMRU15W82LA99260. Any help would be greatly appreciated :) Sincerely, Wes

Torky2 08-05-2014 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by mcgrathbunch (Post 14558436)
Ed, I hope you are still around and into helping out people............

Just an FYI, a quick check of his forum user stats shows his last activity was March of 2010, so don't wait around for an answer!

Bleach1981 06-26-2015 01:52 PM

2nd row middle seat belt receiver broken, needs to be replaced

I have a '99 Ford Expedition and my middle row middle seat belt receiver is busted and needs to be replaced. Is there any place other than junk yards that won't charge you an arm and a leg for a part? I heard Ed on here FTE/PArtsGuy is a very knowledgeable and would be able to help me find the same piece at a reasonable price. I have tried LKQ, PIck a parts, and the dealership but very expensive. Please help anyone and ED too. Thanks

Adam

rsudol 10-30-2015 02:46 PM

seat belt latch

so i cant insert a bukle into the center latch of my 2014 F150. took it to the dealer and they told me there is nothing they can do whatsoever. told me its my problem. im tired of dealing with these jerks. can someone just hellp me with the part number so i can buy a replacement and be done.