Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Hampshire Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum158/)
-   -   Tunes in the truck (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/724496-tunes-in-the-truck.html)

c4barnes 03-26-2008 10:59 AM

Tunes in the truck

This is a bit cliche, but what's everyone got on the Victrola these days? I used to love a ton of stuff coming out, but I've been in a total rut and need some inspiration. Come on, kids, let's have 'em!

My current list:
Zappa Plays Zappa concert tracks
Red Hot Chili Peppers Stadium Ardadium (needs replacement please)
Any Zappa
Junior Brown Live at the Continental Club
The Funky Meters Live at the Fox Theater
Jon Cleary and the Absolute Monster Gentlemen
Any Living Colour

7283-F250 03-26-2008 11:18 AM

I don't know.

After a couple days I get tired of what CD's I have in the truck and rely on the radio. I than rely on the scan button and luck that there is somthing I am in the mood for.

Whats sad is I have some MP3 CD's and get sick of all those songs quick also.

Trusty Rusty 03-29-2008 03:48 PM

I like the compilation cds of some of my favorite eras. I like a throw back to the high school-run-around-like-a-fool-days sometimes so the ninety's mixes for me. You might want to try a mix from the 50s. (zing!!).Did they have music back then? We'll ask Ken, he should remember. (double zing).

That folks is how you throw a double play. Thank you. Tips your waitresses.

boxcar1974 03-29-2008 08:04 PM

Today was Sheryl Crow but I have been on a metal kick.

Godsmack
Ozzy
Rob Zombie
Black Label Society
Korn
and others.

Ry Cooder has been in for a bit awhile back!

7283-F250 03-29-2008 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Trusty Rusty
I like a throw back to the high school-run-around-like-a-fool-days sometimes so the ninety's mixes for me.

Ah yes. early and mid 90's from highschool.

I tend to listen to Hairnation and the 90's Alternative on satelite radio.
The girl and I play name that tune with the satelite. But not on Hairnation because its a bit before her time. But to get me back she always wins on the country station.

sglaine 03-30-2008 06:59 AM

Let's see here if I owned a truck like C-4 I would be listening to tunes such as 38 Special and Blue Oyster colt and such..:) :) Along with Peter Framton...

Now if I was riding around in a 80's Truck I would be listening to 80's rock like (BIGKEN is in Search of Wendy's) Journey,Genesis,Van Halen etc etc,

But now a day's I listen to them all in my Explorer.....:-missingt

77f2504by4 04-01-2008 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by sglaine (Post 5969014)
Let's see here if I owned a truck like C-4 I would be listening to tunes such as 38 Special and Blue Oyster colt and such..:) :) Along with Peter Framton...

Sean, its Blue Oyster Cult not colt.... and its Peter Frampton not Framton!! :-tap I think you type to fast... but what really amazes me, is you misspelled cult but spelled oyster correct!! :-missingt

On topic: I listen to almost anything; I have an mp3 player with a few thousand songs and a radio that always has music on it!!

c4barnes 04-01-2008 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by 77f2504by4 (Post 5978997)
Sean, its Blue Oyster Cult not colt.... and its Peter Frampton not Framton!! :-tap I think you type to fast... but what really amazes me, is you misspelled cult but spelled oyster correct!! :-missingt

Lol. I'll never forget a colleague years ago asking me if I had seen that video "Yanick, Live at the Apocolypse."

On topic: I listen to almost anything; I have an mp3 player with a few thousand songs and a radio that always has music on it!!
Anything new? I need names!

c4barnes 04-01-2008 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Trusty Rusty (Post 5966279)
I like the compilation cds of some of my favorite eras. I like a throw back to the high school-run-around-like-a-fool-days sometimes so the ninety's mixes for me. You might want to try a mix from the 50s. (zing!!).Did they have music back then? We'll ask Ken, he should remember. (double zing).

That folks is how you throw a double play. Thank you. Tips your waitresses.

Why you... why, I oughtta... :)

Right hairline, wrong age! I grew up in the 80's which might explain why the lack of musical inspiration? There were some good bands, but not as many as in other eras, and a lot of bands went pretty sour then, too, when they got hung up on the digital stuff. Listen to Rush, "Hold Your Fire", for example. Gadzooks! I put that in some years later and ended up rolling the window down and giving that disc the ol' frisbee toss.

7283-F250 04-01-2008 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by c4barnes (Post 5979066)

I got my mom listening to Daughtry and Nickelback. The slower soft ones of course. I won't tell you she has 2 hours of Celene Diaon and about an hour of Kenny Rogers on her iPod as well.

c4barnes 04-01-2008 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by 7283-F250 (Post 5979120)
I got my mom listening to Daughtry and Nickelback. The slower soft ones of course. I won't tell you she has 2 hours of Celene Diaon and about an hour of Kenny Rogers on her iPod as well.

Ouch on the Celine. If it was that other Kenny (G), I think I'd haveto send the police. I hope for April Fool's, you're secretly swapping in Metallica's "Garage Days!" :-headbang

donjamer 04-01-2008 11:12 AM

Hey C4, if you want some good music I can burn a cd for you of Italian favorites.. My Grandson loves it...:-missingt:-X24:-missingt

c4barnes 04-01-2008 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by donjamer (Post 5979396)
Hey C4, if you want some good music I can burn a cd for you of Italian favorites.. My Grandson loves it...:-missingt:-X24:-missingt

Actually, I'll take it! If you saw my CD collection, you'd understand...

7283-F250 04-01-2008 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by c4barnes (Post 5979136)
I hope for April Fool's, you're secretly swapping in Metallica's "Garage Days!" :-headbang

I'd probably kill her if I did that.

77f2504by4 04-01-2008 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by c4barnes (Post 5979066)

what kind of music are you into? i have some pretty good bands most would be borderline-full on metal :-headbang... dont know if you like that kinda stuff...