Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   S. California Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum103/)
-   -   So Cal Frivolous Thread , Only B / S Allowed volume 3 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/721792-so-cal-frivolous-thread-only-b-s-allowed-volume-3-a.html)

67nukeford 03-07-2008 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by SteveBricks
Drag - so how do you like the rules guys slappin' Ford (Edwards/Rousch) down? They can't stand it when GM get's beaten, can they?

Good morning guys! I didn't get to see the race, what happened??

SteveBricks 03-07-2008 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by nubeee1
Ah Hell no...............You still owe me a lunch.....

You got it- you know, it was kinda funny. We were kickin' it at lunch, relaxing, havin a nice meal - then I went over and topped off my tank and took off. Stopped in Mesquite for a quick pit, then I realized -one hour time difference. We hauled arse and made it just as the wedding started.

SteveBricks 03-07-2008 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by 97nukeford
Good morning guys! I didn't get to see the race, what happened??

It happened after he race - some sort of c/s rules violation. There is a thread about it in Gen Automotive conv.

67nukeford 03-07-2008 08:29 AM

I'll go check it out. How you feeling today Steve? Get over that crud yet?

nubeee1 03-07-2008 08:30 AM

oh wow............I forgot all about the time line......Glad you made it though.!!

SteveBricks 03-07-2008 08:35 AM

Shhhhh - don't tell Tom I was sick. He 'll think i infected him!

Yeah, I'm about over it. It was pretty much a two week deal. I'm actually going to pour a room addition floor today, so everything is back to normal. (or as close as it gets, anyway)

67nukeford 03-07-2008 08:37 AM

Shhhhh - don't tell Tom I was sick. He 'll think i infected him!

Yeah, I'm about over it. It was pretty much a two week deal. I'm actually going to pour a room addition floor today, so everything is back to normal. (or as close as it gets, anyway)

Oops! Glad to hear your feeling better. I've had a cold that just won't go away, going on 3 weeks now. Of course, it being -1 degrees here this morning probably isn't helping either. This is March right, not January??x(

SteveBricks 03-07-2008 08:42 AM

Kinda chilly here,too. 48.............. :-D

67nukeford 03-07-2008 08:43 AM

Geez, 48! and I thought it sucked here....:-X10

SteveBricks 03-07-2008 08:44 AM

Ain't it kinda funny how when the gripe about gas prices keeps coming up, you hear people talking about how they need to buy a new car that is more fuel efficient.
Don't you think you could buy a whole lotta gas for the cost of that car?

67nukeford 03-07-2008 08:47 AM

Ain't it kinda funny how when the gripe about gas prices keeps coming up, you hear people talking about how they need to buy a new car that is more fuel efficient.

That's a really good point!!

Bdox 03-07-2008 09:35 AM

I have been moving my shop this week. I rented an E-350 U-Haul with a 17ft box to carry the bigger stuff. I think it was getting about 7 mpg and I was making 50 mile round trips over the mountain. Gas prices around here are about $3.65 average right now. Sux big time.

Also the new place is slightly smaller....... anyone want to buy a shop full of construction tools? I have about had it with the whole thing. An now I have to put in lighting and 230v outlets...... Did I mention that my back is trashed?

phil6608 03-08-2008 04:28 AM

Good morning guys

phil6608 03-08-2008 04:29 AM

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...rday_car_1.gif

NumberDummy 03-08-2008 05:07 AM

True in many cases, but there are exceptions to any rule.

If a autobiz CEO comes along and tells the insider publication Automotive News that the full sized truck, and the 2 SUV's they make will be discontinued soon, what would that do to their resale value once that info becomes generally known?

Once a vehicle is discontinued, its resale value drops to nothing.

So, once the word is out that next year will be their last...the time to trade is NOW!